Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

"real" pants?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:48 PM
  • 24 Replies

I admit it. Jeans just aren't comfortable to me. I do like how I look in them, but they aren't my first choice for sitting around with the kids at home.

So my kids have started to notice that mommy has "going out" pants and "staying home" pants. And on occassion I have worn my sweats to pick up kids in drive-thru, praying that I won't have a reason I step out of the car. Top half: nice button-up, bottom: sweats that got me through post-pregnancy. Guilty.

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I had my first c-section 15 years ago, I have hated and rarely wear jeans ever since.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I totally have going out pants and staying home pants, lol.

When I get home from work I will change into comfy yoga pants if I don't have to go back out again!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I have stay at home pants as well - so does my husband,  at home I'm either in jeans or yoga pants or pyjama bottoms - out I wear my nicer jeans or the rare occasion when I need to meet clients or do trade shows I will rare business attire.  Same for my husband.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I hate jeans!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:55 PM

When I'm at home I'm always in my yoga pants.

Sparkler16
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
If I'm staying home it's a longish top and my lulu lemon pants because they are a bit more substantial then just regular leggings or sweats. I still put myself together hair makeup, look nice for dh when he comes home, but why not be comfortable if I'm going to be cooking, cleaning, and sitting on the floor with the kids. If I'm going somewhere I dress more. I don't like to look messy even if I'm being comfortable
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Oh well. I actually have "house pants" that I will never wear out of the house. They are these ugly green/gray pants that don't match with anything I own but they are super comfortable. 

I usually put them on after church on Sundays, lol. 

nurse1997
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Same here but I don't give a dam any more !

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I sometimes stay in my at home pants when I know I don't have to go anywhere but it's rare because I work full time and the weekends are when I have to run errands and do grocery shopping.

SouthernBiscuit
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Lol. I wear elastic comfy pants as a SAHM. There is really no need to get all dressed up to be home with young kids all day. I also have pants that are nicer that I wear on the rare occasion that I leave the house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)