Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike without training wheels?

KylesMom409
Well, Kyle had his first sleepover last night at his friend's house and it was successful! :) Can't wait to hear all about it when I pick him up.
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM
  • 40 Replies
And how old were your kids, if that applies? Who taught you?
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roksolana84
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM

My son is almost 5 and just started to. I didn't own a bike as a kid so I never learned.

hriabywx4
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I got my first bike at age 5. I didn't learn how to ride it until I was 8. First time I got on it I ran it into a brier patch and then it sat in the barn for years cause I wouldn't get back on it! Lol
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:16 PM
I really don't remember how old I was. My oldest was about 5. My other two haven't learned yet. They're 6 and 4.
toopicky429
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:18 PM
I was 7. My daughter was 4 and my son was 6.
Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I think I was about age 6 or 7.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat http://www.cafemom.com/group/119876

linmei
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:32 PM
5 or 6
jackiewal10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I was 4 or 5.  I was 6 the first time we moved and I know it was before that.  My oldest is 5 and he learned this past summer.

treeswallow
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM
I learned when I was in my early 20s. I never had a bike growing up. My half sister, 5 years younger than me, got some friends to give me a crash course in bike riding. They showed me no mercy. My kids are 5 and 7. While they have had bikes, they still are not comfortable riding without training wheels. They have outgrown their bikes and I have not yet gotten them new ones. It's been awhile since they have had one. They are enjoying their scooters at them moment so when they are ready they will be ready...
Sophie1106
by Paula on Feb. 4, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I think I was 6 but I don't really remember. My dd just turned 7 and she just learned how to ride hers without the training wheels.

Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 6. Dad took them off and i went on my way into the gravel driveway. Lots of scrapes and skinned knee but i caught on fast while dad stood in the carport and drank his beer. My daughter is 5 and still has training wheels. She doenst ride her bike much and is not interested

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)