Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Firefighter Wives/ Gfs ???

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:43 AM
  • 2 Replies
I am just wondering if there are any fireman's wives or girlfriends in this group.

My bf is a volunteer fireman,we have been together just shy of 7yrs. Its definitely a struggle some days, before we had our son it wasn't as hard on me. Now that we have him and he's getting older its a bit more challenging when the pager goes off... he thinks he needs to go with daddy :) but I wouldn't trade this crazy hectic life for the world.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group feel free to jump right in.

I'm not a firefighters wife but here is a bump.
purplemom3777
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband use to be a volunteer Firefighter & a Police officer. He was injured in the line of duty & couldn't do police work anymore & he didn't want a desk job. He enjoyed being out on the road. He does different work now, but has recently rejoined the Fire department as a volunteer Fire fighter. The neat thing is, that when he was on before, our boys were very young. Now our oldest son is 16 & he volunteers at the dept with his father. My middle son who is 14, is in a Jr. training program at the police dept. The youngest wants to be involved too, but he will have to wait a little longer, he just turned 8. I know what you mean about the pagers lol. In fact my husband & son just got back home from a fire call that woke them up & got them out of bed a little while ago. Luckily my boys are home schooled, so he gets to go out even on the late calls & he loves it.

Twilight girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)