Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yet another snow day for the kids

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

I just turned the news on and found out that my kids have yet another snow day today. At least I won't need to wake them up but I'm already up and was getting ready until I saw that. Now I guess I can let the kids sleep in at least.

~Michelle~

Mom of eight children
with our ninth child due 6-19-2014 

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I got a text message about the snow day. I am going back to sleep.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

We have another snow day today too.

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Ours called it last night, which never happens. We're usually the last to call out which means they let us know with a phone call at 5am.
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I informed my oldest daughter that there is no school and she said good I'm going back to bed.

~Michelle~

Mom of eight children
with our ninth child due 6-19-2014 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I checked the school app this morning. Ours have school. Yesterday should have been cancelled but wasn't. I am normally to work by 7:45 and I didn't get in until 8:30 yesterday. The roads were awful. Today the roads are good but its cold out. I'm ready for it to be over. Today is our only day it isn't supposed to snow.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM
I reset my alarm for 10:00. Did anyone else get any extra rest this morning?

Quoting diaperstodating: I got a text message about the snow day. I am going back to sleep.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM
The text message was sent at 4:59 this morning. My county had until 5:30 to make a decision.

Quoting FlutterbyMom3: Ours called it last night, which never happens. We're usually the last to call out which means they let us know with a phone call at 5am.
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Oh I hate that!
I was expecting our city to pull that on us, I was shocked when they called it last night. I knew it was going to be bad at that point.

Quoting diaperstodating: The text message was sent at 4:59 this morning. My county had until 5:30 to make a decision.

Quoting FlutterbyMom3: Ours called it last night, which never happens. We're usually the last to call out which means they let us know with a phone call at 5am.
lizfnf
by Liz on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Another snow day for us as well. They had off Monday, a delay yesterday as well. Go to school!!!! Haha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)