Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biggest snow storm?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM
  • 7 Replies

What is the biggest snow storm you can remember?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM

There isn't just one that sticks out but there are a couple that do, where we go over 40cm of snow and things were closed for two days.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat http://www.cafemom.com/group/119876

treeswallow
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM

there were winters I can remember growing up where we got 2 ft of snow and things were at stand still for days...

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Blizzard of 1996, school was out for two weeks. I remember it like it was yesterday.
Raeann11
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM

There isn't one that sticks out. It's years of so much snow that sticks out. 1997 and 2009, we also had really bad flooding those years too.

BKozICan
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM

1996 was pretty bad--I remember being snowed in for a week. In the early 1980s, there was one with something like 36 inches, which was one of the biggest I remember. In 2010 (I think) we had back-to-back blizzards.

snowangel1979
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM
This year has been pretty bad but I hate to say it but it was kinda overdue.

I can remember one when I was a kid that was crazy, it would have been the late 80's because I was old enough to walk down to my friends.
We kinda lived out in the country. I walked down to my friends house, my dad was plowing everyone's driveways with his tractor but hadn't done theirs yet. I was walking and the snow was up towards my hips. I missed their driveway and stepped into the ditch. It was up past my nose, luckily my dad was watching and came running to pull me out. He said all he saw was tracks where I had walked and a hat in the snow. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I remember one when I was young. I want to say maybe 6th grade? I can't remember for sure. I remember it sounding like the wind was going to tear the house apart though and school was canceled for a while.

There was a pretty bad one in 1999 too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)