Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My great uncle Harvey passed away

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

My great Uncle Harvey passed away last night,he had congestive heart failure.I admit he lived a long life.I was there when he passed away.Before he passed away,I told him thank you for handing me his 1979 Dodge Powerwagon to me and he said your welcome.I talked to my mother's family and I am going to drive the Powerwagon to the funeral,they thought that was a great idea.I am doing it because family and friends always remembered him driving it around and they know I have it still.Plus I plan on playing a song on my guitar a song I just started writing  in memory of him.My great Uncle Harvey always remembered me on the porch playing my beloved guitar when he came over and saw this was my favorite musical instrument I still like to play to this day.It was even at bonfires he had twice a year,said to bring my guitar and play some songs.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I'm sorry for your loss :(
alexisb3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:30 AM

He was a great guy too,he did see my 2014 Ram 1500 and said nice truck 3 weeks ago.I knew his favorite song Chicken Fried on the spot,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ujS1er1r0  Plus he loved his Pabst Blue Ribbon beer and a six pack  of it is going in his casket.

Roxygurl
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, I like your idea sounds like your uncle would be proud
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chibee
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM

So sorry  =(

HeathersRich
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:32 AM
So sorry for loss but it's wonderful you have found some very special ways to celebrate him and the memories you've made together.
alexisb3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM

He loved playing the Banjo and we played a song together and that song is going to be played on CD.

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Sorry for your loss. Those sound like great ways to honor him.
missmeli77
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Sorry to hear that....
alexisb3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I always remembered coming over with my guitar and he got his banjo out playing together on the porch or back for a couple hours.It was our way relieving the stress.He was a great banjo player and we did play the song seen in one scene in the movie Deliverance a lot, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE  His wife and my great Aunt Maryland whom passed away 10 years ago loved dancing to it.It was even with an uncle of mine also plays the banjo and aunt of mine that also plays the guitar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)