Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stollers for tall parents?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi ladies,

I just found out that I'm expecting (yay!) and know that one of my hardest (and time consuming) things to buy is going to be the stroller.  I'm in need of recommendations for strollers/car seat combos that are good for much taller parents.  I'm only 5'7'' but DH stands at 6'9''.  Just about any stroller would be alright for my height, but I really don't want him to hurt his back if he's on stroller duty.

I've heard that the Chicco KeyFit 30 is good for parents up to 6'6'', but I was hoping to find something more accommodating for him.  I know there are handlebar extensions, but I've heard their bulky and aren't so sturdy. I really would like to keep the price under $350 if possible, but might have a little wiggle room if the reviews/specs are good enough.  It'll be an investment to save for future babies so something gender neutral is a plus.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

~Kerri

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaacsmommy68
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Chicco has one with an adjustable handle. That was both of you can use it easily. Both me and my sil have one. You can get the stroller and carrier for about $350.
gangof6
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

CONGRATS!!!! Good luck finding the perfect stroller. I don't have any helpful advice. Sorry

virgochild79
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG, yay you for your tall man! But even more, CONGRATS on your new baby!!!! I have no idea about the stroller. I'm only 5'4 and hubby is 6'1 but good luck!

LuckymOmma_
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations on the pregnancy,I do not know what strollers would be good for tall people,so I will bump this post

BUMP

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting LuckymOmma_:

Congratulations on the pregnancy,I do not know what strollers would be good for tall people,so I will bump this post

BUMP

I second all of this! ;)
LuckyJuneMom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I know some of the Jeep strollers come with adjustable handles for different heights like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Adventure-Jogging-Stroller-Black/dp/B00BZOF6T0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391636967&sr=8-1&keywords=jeep+stroller+adjustable+handle

lilmiss1103
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out.

Quoting LuckyJuneMom:

I know some of the Jeep strollers come with adjustable handles for different heights like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Adventure-Jogging-Stroller-Black/dp/B00BZOF6T0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391636967&sr=8-1&keywords=jeep+stroller+adjustable+handle

LuckyJuneMom
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:08 AM
You're welcome! We really like the Jeep family of strollers. :)

Quoting lilmiss1103:

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out.

Quoting LuckyJuneMom:

cj123573
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Something to be aware of is the crossbar at the bottom. Have your DH try one out with his stride. I haven't found a stroller that I don't kick that bottom bar constantly
lilmiss1103
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:06 PM

The MIL went ahead an purchased the Chicco Keyfit 30 last night even though I wasn't quite done with my research.  She's SOOO eager to have another grandchild (she already has 7) but DH is her only son, so it's up to him (well me now) to "carry on the name". I'm still going to be looking around in case there is something that might be better for him though. Thanks for all the tips/advice/suggestions ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)