Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"That's my jam!"

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have been training for a 5K marathon coming up at the end of June and have been sweating it off on the treadmill. I have my ADHD under control when working on things but not at the gym apparently. So I like to people watch while jogging. I see everyone is listening to their phone's or ipod's. It got me wondering about what everyone likes to work out to.

What type of music, podcast, pandora station, and so forth do you love to hit the pavement to?

So far I have Pandora, Jango, and Muvemusic on my phone.

My Pandora is set to Black Eyed Peas.

My Jango (still trying to figure this one out).

MuveMusic is for the Cricket cell phone company and it has a mix and match of upbeat songs.

• American Authors
  • Avril Levigne
  • Awolnation
  • Blink - 182
  • Fall out boy
  • Florida Georgia Line

And so on and so forth.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckymOmma_
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM

When I do my walks during the week I listen to my rap music cd's,I have loved rap music since I was in middle school,I also love some r & b

Looneyfarmmom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Quoting LuckymOmma_:

When I do my walks during the week I listen to my rap music cd's,I have loved rap music since I was in middle school,I also love some r & b

I love old school rap like Run DMC and such. I was singing to the one with Aerosmith and Run DMC and I was getting the weirdest looks from some 20 year olds lol. I was also asked if they were a new band. Uhhhhhhhh

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I just use my iTunes. 

I'm pretty much only into country or hip hop (older stuff, not much of the current music). I'll give you a sample of what I listen to when I'm cleaning. 

Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
Please Don't Leave Me - Pink
All I Ever Wanted - DJ Trashy
Turning Out The Lights - DJ Trashy & Tekk
Rapture - DJ Trashy & Tekk
Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swagg District
Let Me Clear My Throat - DJ Kool
Watch My Shoes - Lil Boosie 
It Feels So Good - Sonique

There's a lot more but that's just a little of what I'm listening to when I'm trying to stay active. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM
I don't work out or anything (I need to though!) but my iPod is always on when I'm doing certain things around the house. It's always on shuffle and I listen to a lot of different kinds of music.
Mommy2Malaika
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Ooooooo the Black Eye Peas station is awesome!!! Especially for working out, I also usually have Brittney spears on or a Zumba station too since those ones r usually made great for movement! 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I have play lists on my iPod. My 5k list is a very eclectic mix of upbeat music, everything from NIN to Fergie, lol.

katiebug840204
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Today's hits, Usher, Kelly Clarkson, 90's country, Bruno Mars, Christian contemporary, Katy perry, three doors down and Elton John are all on my shuffle list on pandora. I love my music while working out.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Same here I'm bad I know it :)

Quoting KylesMom409: I don't work out or anything (I need to though!) but my iPod is always on when I'm doing certain things around the house. It's always on shuffle and I listen to a lot of different kinds of music.
Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:46 PM

When i go walking in the mornings i jam out to

TOOL

Korn

P.O.D.

Deaftones

Im a hard rock/metal girl when im working out

Mantidae
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I am an audiobook addict.  I hated running for years (not a good trait in a Marine, ha).  I couldn't run to music becuase my feet would want to hit in time with the music and it threw my pace all off.  A few years ago I started listening to audiobooks on long drives and found out they were perfect for running, too.  Now I love running, and I get to "read" so much more than I could before.  I also listen to audiobooks when I'm cleaning.

I'm a tree-hugging, breastfeeding, non-circing, vaxing, co-sleeping/bed-sharing, ethical eating, nearly vegan, home-birthing, Pagan, Unitarian Universalist, pro-choice, cloth diapering, Scorpio, feminist, half-Canadian, animal activist mommy to one clever little girl (11), the cutest little boy ever born (3), two mischevious rescue mutts (fixed), and an attention starved rescue kitty (also fixed).  Married to my own personal MacGyver.

Marine. Lawyer. Mommy. Wife. 
Making Sustainability Work in Busy, Everyday Life.
Urban Earthworm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)