Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snow days....working from home

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

So this is more a vent than anything else....but hopefully I am not the only that feels like this. I work out of the home, which I love. DD & DS are in school during the day so it makes sense, plus we need the extra income. Today the kids were home from school, hubby was home from work due to the snow and so am I. Here's the thing, my boss expects us to get things done @ home, which for me becomes very difficult because there are constant distractions. 

My boss has a son in college and most of my other co-workers don't have small children (were a small office to begin with) and I feel like no one understands my frustration. We do have a PT employee that works out of our satellite office w.small children who totally understand where I'm coming from but we can only express support of 1 another in private. I have been trying to get 2 projects done all day and I jus can't focus. Plus it seems like everyone and their mother have decided to stop by!!!! Ughhhhhhhhh am I the only 1 that feels this way??????

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
I don't work from home but I can only imagine how you must feel. Hugs!
melaniesmom0683
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand your frustration!!

I work from home and my husband works graveyard shift so it's a challenge everyday to have him home during the day. Seems like if he's not sleep then he doing something loud in another part of the house which is annoying since 100% of my job requires me to be on the phone all day. My daughter is in school during my work hours so at least I don't have to worry about her being home at that time. 

Mommy2Malaika
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my gawddddddd, I don't know how you do it!!!! Gimme a high 5!!! Lol I think I nedd some tips from you.

Quoting melaniesmom0683:

I understand your frustration!!

I work from home and my husband works graveyard shift so it's a challenge everyday to have him home during the day. Seems like if he's not sleep then he doing something loud in another part of the house which is annoying since 100% of my job requires me to be on the phone all day. My daughter is in school during my work hours so at least I don't have to worry about her being home at that time. 

LuckymOmma_
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I don't work,so I shall bump this post

BUMP

Efebbo07
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I have to report to work most days, but a lot of my job can be done from home if necessary. Like if there's weather or illness issues on the homefront.  However, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to work from home. Sometimes I take call at night from home which requires me to answer client phone calls from the hours of 5 pm- 8am.  It so soooo horrible because everyone is loud and obnoxious here and the first they see you on the phone they get ten times worse! I am sure almost all kids do this. I couldn't imagine working from home every day with small kids at home. I would never get any work done.  I can only imagine what people on the phone with me think. I usually run into a bedroom and shut the door and hope no one finds me until the call ends.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:51 PM
I would have to take a sick day. There isn't an option to work from home in my job. So I'd just be out of a sick day.
lawelling
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I work from home, 40 hours a week. I have to take my child to daycare to get anything done. You are not alone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)