Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cannot wait

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have never been a big sports fan, fan of gym class, hated running, hated jogging, and was a complete nerd growing up. Lately all of that has changed for me. I am now yelling the loudest during football games thanks to my son turning eight and declaring he wants to start football this fall. My best friend has gotten me addicted to marathons when she asked me to do a marathon with her since no one else would. Now I am upset if I miss any gym time.

What has everyone done to me?! Don't worry I am still a nerd. good

Anyways, I signed up for the Color Run here in Boise.

http://www.thecolorrun.com/boise/2014-08-23/?gclid=CIysxsKytrwCFU5efgodNzwA_w

My best friend and I are going and we both jam out to our music while on the treadmills. I am researching different ways to up my jogging experience and all of that. Then my Mother calls me and asks me if I would like to go to the Color Run as a birthday present... to which I had to tell her I was already signed up. So now I am going with my Mother, my best friend, and a group of my Mother's friends.

Time to up my game people! treadmill

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:06 PM
It's good you found enjoyment in working out. I hate working out. I do enjoy playing hockey but I hate running. I have a coworker doing a color run in town in July I think, she is due in August. She will have an interesting run.
Looneyfarmmom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:09 PM

My daughter was three months when I did the See Jane Run and it wasn't easy then so I will think of her like Super Woman if she pulls this off. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was using those electric carts at the grocery store because I was so big. I felt like a waddling elephant so I have so much respect for your friend.

Quoting mjimaging: It's good you found enjoyment in working out. I hate working out. I do enjoy playing hockey but I hate running. I have a coworker doing a color run in town in July I think, she is due in August. She will have an interesting run.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:12 PM
This is we first an she is barely pregnant so we shall see how she feels when the run comes.

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

My daughter was three months when I did the See Jane Run and it wasn't easy then so I will think of her like Super Woman if she pulls this off. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was using those electric carts at the grocery store because I was so big. I felt like a waddling elephant so I have so much respect for your friend.

Quoting mjimaging: It's good you found enjoyment in working out. I hate working out. I do enjoy playing hockey but I hate running. I have a coworker doing a color run in town in July I think, she is due in August. She will have an interesting run.

Looneyfarmmom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Oh, well maybe she can handle it. I just have narrow hips and I am like 5'2" and those two things just do not go together very well. Good luck to her.

Quoting mjimaging: This is we first an she is barely pregnant so we shall see how she feels when the run comes.

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)