Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What's a normal morning for you?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM
  • 52 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm always interested to know what other moms days are like. So tell me what your morning, days are like my normal basis
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sdgd21
by Diana on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My day starts at about 630 to 7:30 AM depending on the baby, before my baby it started about 530. I'm a morning person. I get up, get myself together as much as possible before the baby gets up. Get him changed and dressed cleaned up, feed him, feed the family, we tidy up. then by 10 o'clock we are doing school.
Who finished with school from 2 PM to 4 PM depending on who has a meltdown LOL. Then we have some free time, do our chores, have dinner by 630. And it's bathtime, bedtime for children, and then Will sure time for me. Being that I've been with the baby most of the day
mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Up between 6:30-7, get the kids up & I shower, breakfast/make lunches for kids & hubby, 8:10 take kids to school, then I clean house & do laundry. In between I may go shopping, meet hubby for lunch, read and then pick the kids up about 3:05 from bus stop or 4:30 if my dd has cheer practice, help kids with homework, dinner at 5:30, then we relax for the evening, kids shower and then they are in bed at 8:45 I go to bed at 9ish to read until 10.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I get up @ 6am snooze once (LOL) and am usually up at 6h15am - get up let the dogs out, feed the cats, and make DD breakfast, I put her lunch in her backpack and we wait for the bus to show up at 6h42am.  Once DD is out the door DH comes downstairs, I make myself coffee and we watch TV together until about 8h00am - then I go get ready for work while he takes out the trash and starts my car.  I'm out the door usually at 8h45am arrive at work at 9am.  I come home at lunch time and do as much dinner prep work as possible. DD gets home from school at around 3h30pm, DH usually pops dinner in the oven around 4pm - I get home at about 5h15pm. I try to have dinner served no later than 5h40.  Depending on homework load, sometimes we play cards with DD, or a game of some sort.  we do homework either 6pm to 7pm or 6h30pm to 7pm.  While DD does homework at the kitchen table I do the dishes, pack the left overs, etc.  I sit down with her for her words, her reading and stuff she needs to learn by heart.  At 7pm I send her up to take her shower and get ready for bed, in the mean time, I make her lunch for the next day, plan tomorrow's dinner, finish cleaning up the kitchen.  Prep her school bag for the next day, give the dogs their meds.  8pm DH & I go up to say goodnight to DD.  At this point I usually change into yoga pants.  I sit and watch TV with DH and try to relax some, during the evening I usually do random things like unload the dishwasher, fold laundry, start the washer, sometimes I cook, pay bills, do paperwork etc... I usually shower around 11pm and go to bed around midnight.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM

During the work week I am up around 530am. I feed the rabbits and the cat, put wood into the wood stove (if my husband is at work), take a shower, get dressed and do my hair. Make my breakfast, check email, fb and cm while eating. Wake the boys up around 630 am. Get them breakfast while they get dressed and ready for school. We leave the house at 715. I take the boys to their grandma's to get on the bus and get to work. I have to be there at 730.

On the weekend I am still up around 530am, sometimes I "sleep in" til 6, lol. Depending on what I have going on that day I might get ready to go shopping or what ever. If I don't have anything going on I do some housework before getting into the shower.

I work until 3pm. Get home and relax for a little bit before starting dinner and getting the boys off the bus. After dinner, I clean the kitchen. Unless my husband is home, then he is on dish duty.  Evenings vary depending on the sport/activities my boys are in. Right now I am usually running one or the other to basketball practice, games on the weekends. My oldest son is in a book club that meets after school 2 days a week so on those days I go to his school to pick him up. My husband gets our youngest off the bus on those days.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM

During the week I'm up at 5:30am.  I take a shower, then hang out and pet the dogs for about 15 minutes or so.  I then let them out, wake my dd up so she can take a shower.  While she's taking a shower, I make her breakfast and get her lunch ready.  Along with getting my lunch ready and usually I take something out to defrost for dinner.

I feed the dogs and the cat.  Drinking coffee while I do all of this,lol  Then I get ready for work, dd and I are out of the house at 7am and I wait with her for the bus.  I'm in work by 7:30am.  I get out of work between 5 - 5:30pm head home, make dinner.  Do some household chores, go over my dd's homework, study with her if needed.  Some nights we play games, it depends on the time.

Around 7:30 or so I sit down for a few moments with my SO and just relax.  My dd heads to be at 8, then I usually walk on the treadmill for about 30 minutes.  Take a shower and get ready for bed.  I'm in bed around 9:30 - 10 but I usually watch a little tv before falling asleep.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM

During the week, I wake around 6:15 am. My daughter is usually still asleep so I use the bathroom, brush my teeth and take a bath. After that I usually wake her up and give her a bottle. While she is eating, I put on my makeup. When she is done eating, I do her hair, then I get dressed and start the car if it's cold outside. Then last but not least I get her dressed and ready for the day. Then we leave for the babysitter's and work around 7:35-7:45 am. I usually eat breakfast at work and she eats at daycare. My husband is in the Army so he is at work by the time we get up and ready.

On the weekends it's more relaxed. We usually get up when baby is ready to get out of bed. I still use the restroom and brush my teeth. If we don't have anything to do or anywhere to be then we just lounge.

sdgd21
by Diana on Feb. 13, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Ha ha, my husband snoozes for an hour LOL

Quoting Jinxed8:

I get up @ 6am snooze once (LOL) and am usually up at 6h15am - get up let the dogs out, feed the cats, and make DD breakfast, I put her lunch in her backpack and we wait for the bus to show up at 6h42am.  Once DD is out the door DH comes downstairs, I make myself coffee and we watch TV together until about 8h00am - then I go get ready for work while he takes out the trash and starts my car.  I'm out the door usually at 8h45am arrive at work at 9am.  I come home at lunch time and do as much dinner prep work as possible. DD gets home from school at around 3h30pm, DH usually pops dinner in the oven around 4pm - I get home at about 5h15pm. I try to have dinner served no later than 5h40.  Depending on homework load, sometimes we play cards with DD, or a game of some sort.  we do homework either 6pm to 7pm or 6h30pm to 7pm.  While DD does homework at the kitchen table I do the dishes, pack the left overs, etc.  I sit down with her for her words, her reading and stuff she needs to learn by heart.  At 7pm I send her up to take her shower and get ready for bed, in the mean time, I make her lunch for the next day, plan tomorrow's dinner, finish cleaning up the kitchen.  Prep her school bag for the next day, give the dogs their meds.  8pm DH & I go up to say goodnight to DD.  At this point I usually change into yoga pants.  I sit and watch TV with DH and try to relax some, during the evening I usually do random things like unload the dishwasher, fold laundry, start the washer, sometimes I cook, pay bills, do paperwork etc... I usually shower around 11pm and go to bed around midnight.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM
I wake up anywhere between 5:30 and 7:30, depending on what time I have to be at work. Take a shower, then wake DS up. We eat breakfast together and I either drop him off at Boys and Girls Club at school or go through the parent drop off line. Afternoons he normally goes to Boys and Girls Club as well, unless I get off work early enough to go through the parent pick up line.
natural_s
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM

During M-F, I get up at 6:30am to get my three school aged kids up so they can eat breakfast and get ready for school. Two of them are teenagers so I they do find with doing what they have to do but I have to make sure my 7yr old brushes his teeth and cleans his face, I then tell him to get his brush and the Shea butter so I can brush his hair. We then wait until it's time for him to go catch his bus, by then my husband has come home from work so he takes over for my 7yr old and my 7mth old has gotten up and I change his diaper and feed him and soon after my 3yr old is up and wanting breakfast.

My teens some where in between there one after another has come into the room and said there goodbyes. If I am able to get the baby back to sleep I try to lay down and get me some more snooze and then I am back up at 10am, and depending on what needs to be done, I am either cleaning, laundry and playing with the 3yr old and 7mth old.

By  1 or 2pm depending on what I am cooking I start dinner so it will be done before hubby goes to work and most often it is done by 3 or 3:30pm. At three my 7yr old is home from school, he gets his snack and then starts his homework. I get hubby up so he can eat dinner and get ready for work.

Hubby is gone for the night by 5pm and I am either cleaning up dinner (depending who has eaten). 7pm I am having my son read to me and then I read to him. After that my 16yr old and I work out for 20min. 8pm it's the two smallest bedtime.

After 8pm it varies what I do it could be my Bible Study (if did not get to it during the day) or watching TV. I come on here several points during the day. 10pm it's my teens bedtime and I head to bed also with the baby only to be getting up more then several times over the night, lol.

Days vary depending on doctors appointment for the baby as he was born a preemie. Thank goodness that has died down some.

sdgd21
by Diana on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Wow... What a busy momma! I'm glad your baby is well.

Quoting natural_s:

During M-F, I get up at 6:30am to get my three school aged kids up so they can eat breakfast and get ready for school. Two of them are teenagers so I they do find with doing what they have to do but I have to make sure my 7yr old brushes his teeth and cleans his face, I then tell him to get his brush and the Shea butter so I can brush his hair. We then wait until it's time for him to go catch his bus, by then my husband has come home from work so he takes over for my 7yr old and my 7mth old has gotten up and I change his diaper and feed him and soon after my 3yr old is up and wanting breakfast.

My teens some where in between there one after another has come into the room and said there goodbyes. If I am able to get the baby back to sleep I try to lay down and get me some more snooze and then I am back up at 10am, and depending on what needs to be done, I am either cleaning, laundry and playing with the 3yr old and 7mth old.

By  1 or 2pm depending on what I am cooking I start dinner so it will be done before hubby goes to work and most often it is done by 3 or 3:30pm. At three my 7yr old is home from school, he gets his snack and then starts his homework. I get hubby up so he can eat dinner and get ready for work.

Hubby is gone for the night by 5pm and I am either cleaning up dinner (depending who has eaten). 7pm I am having my son read to me and then I read to him. After that my 16yr old and I work out for 20min. 8pm it's the two smallest bedtime.

After 8pm it varies what I do it could be my Bible Study (if did not get to it during the day) or watching TV. I come on here several points during the day. 10pm it's my teens bedtime and I head to bed also with the baby only to be getting up more then several times over the night, lol.

Days vary depending on doctors appointment for the baby as he was born a preemie. Thank goodness that has died down some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN