Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A snow brush and a plastic bag ...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

Is all my 10 year old DD has been playing with for the last hour !  And I must say that in this day and age of ipads, iphones, DS, video games and technology .. I am proud of her.

Today was an unexpected snow day for DD - She stayed home with DH this morning and I brought her to work with me this afternoon.  She did some homework and an art project she had to do but then asked me if she could go play outside, and I agreed.  My office is on the first floor and I have 3 large windows that give me full view of the parking lot.  She's been escalading the mountain of snow left by the snow removal company using my snow brush as a walking stick and sliding down the mountain with a plastic bag, she's happier than a pig in in poop !

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM

That's awesome!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

it really is ...  she gets to play outside, get some fresh air, spend some energy and use her imagination.  DD tends to be dependant on TV and friends to amuse herself, frankly I wasn't sure how this afternoon would go but I think this is even better than if she would have stayed at home !!

Quoting Briesmom38:

That's awesome!

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely understand.  My dd is usually dependent on her ipod and cell phone, along with her bff.  That's why I get excited when I see her sitting at the kitchen table drawing.  She has a lot of talent, I just wish she would do it more.

Quoting Jinxed8:

it really is ...  she gets to play outside, get some fresh air, spend some energy and use her imagination.  DD tends to be dependant on TV and friends to amuse herself, frankly I wasn't sure how this afternoon would go but I think this is even better than if she would have stayed at home !!

Quoting Briesmom38:

That's awesome!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM

That sounds like fun!

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:55 PM

she had a blast, spent almost 2 hours outside playing, sliding.  She is soaked head to toe !!

Quoting countrymomma81:

That sounds like fun!

momofthem311
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:18 PM
That's pretty cool!
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM
That's great! :)
mommybug77
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Cool
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)