Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Changing tastes ...

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM
  • 24 Replies

Name 3 foods you used to hate as a child / teenager that you love as an adult :

Name 3 foods you hated as a kid and you still hate as an adult :

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM

For me :

Name 3 foods you used to hate as a child / teenager that you love as an adult : Feta cheese, black olives and fresh spinach

Name 3 foods you hated as a kid and you still hate as an adult : you will NEVER catch these 3 items in my grocery basket :  liver, oysters, canned spinach

LuckymOmma_
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM
I honestly don't remember
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

As a child/teenager, I hated seafood of any kind - now I pretty much eat any of it,lol  I hated peas, and now I love them and I hated my steaks cooked with any pink in them, now my steak better be bloody and still moving,lol

I still hate olives,lol  I still hate sardines and I still hate brussel sprouts,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Name 3 foods you used to hate as a child / teenager that you love as an adult :  Broccoli, green beans, tomatoes

Name 3 foods you hated as a kid and you still hate as an adult : peas, onions, lobster

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:16 PM

so you don't cook with onions at all ??

Quoting mumsy2three:

Name 3 foods you used to hate as a child / teenager that you love as an adult :  Broccoli, green beans, tomatoes

Name 3 foods you hated as a kid and you still hate as an adult : peas, onions, lobster

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

3 foods I used to hate that I love now: sweet peas, onions, sweet potatoes. 

3 foods I still won't eat: green beans, liver, cabbage. 

I'll add one. Foods I ate as a child and won't touch now: wieners, Kool Aid, vienna sausage, flavored soda, bologna....all the things my mom says "I think I'm too good for" now. 

TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Quoting Jinxed8:

Name 3 foods you used to hate as a child / teenager that you love as an adult :

baked potatoes, schwarma and cherry pie

Name 3 foods you hated as a kid and you still hate as an adult :

green beans (YUCK!), cooked cauliflower (though I have always liked it raw) and black olives (though I LOVE green olives)

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Good one ; things I ate as a kid that I won't touch now : Chef Boyardee, Kool Aid, most candies, most fruit colas (grape, strawberry, orange), vienna sausage (EEEWWW weiners in a can !! blerch)  I could tolerate bologna if I have no other choice but I don't buy it either.

Quoting countrymomma81:

I'll add one. Foods I ate as a child and won't touch now: wieners, Kool Aid, vienna sausage, flavored soda, bologna....all the things my mom says "I think I'm too good for" now. 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:31 PM

LOL, we were poor growing up. Spaghetti noodles and vienna sausage with a can of tomato sauce thrown in was a lunch time staple in our house. So were bologna and cheese sandwiches (although I never did like them). My mom knew nor did she care anything about eating healthy, it was all about what was cheap. 

Quoting Jinxed8:

Good one ; things I ate as a kid that I won't touch now : Chef Boyardee, Kool Aid, most candies, most fruit colas (grape, strawberry, orange), vienna sausage (EEEWWW weiners in a can !! blerch)  I could tolerate bologna if I have no other choice but I don't buy it either.

Quoting countrymomma81:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, not at all.

My mil will omit onions if she is cooking something for us. I tell her not to do that I can just pick them out since I always have. It's not the taste of the onion it's the texture, especially cooked onions.

Quoting Jinxed8:

so you don't cook with onions at all ??

Quoting mumsy2three:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN