Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How common is your first name?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM
  • 42 Replies
And do you like your name or wish it was different?
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:31 AM
My first name is not common. I love my name, always have. I hate being called Angela, Angie or April!
Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM

My name is Michelle and growing up there was at least one other girl in my class with the same name.. Not sure if it is popular anymore these days but I like my name. :)

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

Mater-three
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Well my birth name was Loretta so I guess that wasn't all that common just old fashioned. 3 years ago I changed it to Lori which I guess is quite common. I hated Loretta and I love Lori. I make a much better Lori:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM

For the year I was born I have the 10th most popular female name.

Michelle and eight kids
#9 coming this June. 

RaisinGirl78
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:39 AM

My first name is very common, Linda. There is even a convention for Linda's only lol. 

chattinmom
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I've got a old old name.  I was named after my dads sis in law.....who is 17 years older than my dad!!  Beverly.  I didn't like it.  But I decided when i was a teen that it could have been worse, i could have been named after Grams.  Edna.  Ew.  I wanted something more popular :)

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Very common. Especially for my generation. Yes, I like it. It has a lot of nickname options. I choose to go by my full name, though.
natural_s
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:21 PM

My name is not very common. I did not know anyone who had the same name and it was not until my early teens while visiting in the city I heard someone call out to someone with the same name but that is about it.

I like my name.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I love my name.  Its fairly common for an 80's child, but i dont personally know any other Stephanies.  

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM

It's kind of common, but I like my name.  My daddy gave it to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)