Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

My estranged husband broke in

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:32 AM
  • 28 Replies

My estranged husband broke in last night and tried to attack me.I was in the kitchen putting things away grabbed me from behind and I knew what to do.There was a struggle and I kicked him in the genitals very hard.I credit the self defense classes I took last month.I ran and went after me going outside.I pulled a surprise,I felt threatened and pulled my .38 Smith and Wesson hand gun on him pointing it at him.Luckily my daughter Allison knew what to do,call 911 and the cops came out.I held him until they came arresting him for breaking and entering,assualt with a deadly weapon.I was cleared and no charges filed against me.Cops said I was in the right defending myself.Did check if my handgun was registered and it is,in my name.Now my landlord has to replace the back door and going after my estranged husband for it.

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:36 AM
I'm glad you are okay.
ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Way to go momma.

TAG9lbs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Way to stay one step ahead. Even if you have a restraining order it is still just a piece of paper.

haileyj1
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM

No restraining order and this will be next.He had a knife.The Smith and Wesson was in my left pants pocket with the safety on.I turned the safety off after I pulled it out of my pants pocket.A couple of my friends say I am just like the woman in the glock commercial,wrong girl shown on you tube now.

natural_s
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Wow, that must have been scary but so glad to hear that you and your daughter are okay and you guys were prepared for that sort of thing.

I am amazed because I would have still been too shooking up to come online and post, it would have taken me a few days to gather myself.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Props on defending yourself against this man. Holy crap.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Thank goodness you all are okay! Proud of you for putting what you learned into action. Hugs!
LuckymOmma_
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Oh man I am sorry that happend that must have been so scary!!,glad the situation got resolved asap,yes You are in the right,it was self defense,are You and your DD OK ?

Pukalani79
by Kris on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Scary.  Glad you and your daughter are okay.  Do you always have your gun on you at home? Not judging just curious

Knightquester
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, scary!

I'm glad you and your daughter are both okay and that your ex was caught and taken away.  Hopefully that restraining order processes quickly (even though it's a piece of paper it's still one more thing to legally protect you and your daughter).  It's a good thing you took the self defense class, and more so that you kept a gun on you, even at home.  Sadly, you may be stuck having to think the way you just did during this past incident for some time until your ex gets the hint you're not going to be his victim anymore.

I commend you for taking all the steps you have, stay strong!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN