Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you and your DH/SO watch the same TV shows?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM
  • 53 Replies
Or are there some that only you or he watch on your own?
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 28, 2014 at 6:12 AM

We watch more on our own than we watch together.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 28, 2014 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really pay too much attention to what shows are on.  DH records a lot of different stuff and we try it out.  He likes more shows than I care about - I often sit and watch with him....but I'll be on my computer or reading while shows are on.  The shows I care to watch he is also interested in, so it works out.

It frustrates him when I am only semi-watching a show yet I know exactly what is going on....especially while watching Sherlock or NCIS -- I won't really be watching but I can tell you exactly who did what.  Drives DH insane.

steph21078
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:29 AM

We watch Dr. Who and Psych together 

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

We only have one TV, so yes. And we bond a lot over our favorite shows. It is like "date night in" every night.

I watch "Glee" and "Private Practice" when he has night-time soccer games and he watches "Walking Dead" when I have book club.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

LDavis33
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a history / discovery channel kind of girl.  My DH doesn't really like T.V. all that much, he'd rather watch movies.  

We do watch some shows together and usually we choose seasons on DVD or shows on netflix. 

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Some we do and some we don't.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:42 AM
There's two shows that we watch together. And then there's a few that each of watch on our own.
BeachbodyMom77
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM

We just finished watching the entire Dexter series a few weeks ago - loved having that to share.  We started watching Breaking Bad, but I just can't get into it - and now he is hooked.  Makes me sad bc I miss that time with him....  So, we are trying out Mad Men, but not sure if I love it or not yet.

BeachbodyMom77
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM

We are doing shows on Netflix as well - anything that you have gotten hooked on/recommend??

Quoting LDavis33:

I am a history / discovery channel kind of girl.  My DH doesn't really like T.V. all that much, he'd rather watch movies.  

We do watch some shows together and usually we choose seasons on DVD or shows on netflix. 

LDavis33
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:14 AM

We just got netflix. Right now I am watching Raising Hope.  I watch a lot of documentaries on there as well.  I think I want to watch Supernatural next and Hubby wants to watch Game of Thrones.

Quoting BeachbodyMom77:

We are doing shows on Netflix as well - anything that you have gotten hooked on/recommend??

Quoting LDavis33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)