Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Who helps with homework/school projects more, you or your DH/SO?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

And do you prefer it that way? Why or why not?

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM

My grandma helps my daughter so that I can concentrate on helping my son. He's really struggling and 6th grade is not going well for him. We are having to look at Sylvan learning centers or a tutor. We can't afford it but SIL is willing to help. None of us want to see him fail but he has to apply himself. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I help her 99% of the time.  I try to get her to do her homework right when she comes home from school, so her Dad isn't home yet.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I help most of the time but dh will help on the days he's home if needed.

Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM

My daughter is only in kindergarten but im sure i will continue to be the one that does mostly everything. husband works nights and sleeps during the day. When she gets to the age to do big projects then my husband can probly help her in the mornings during the weekends I hope.  That would give them some good quality time together.

exhaustedmother
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:40 AM

DH helps more. He has a little more time than I do to sit and help the kids. MY 12 hour shifts wear me down. I get home, sleep for 5 hours get up an hour or 2 before the kids get home, clean house cook their dinner and run out the door to work. Hubby is home with them at night so he usually helps. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 4, 2014 at 6:03 AM

I do most of the time. My husband helps on his nights off.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Mostly me, but it depends on what the homework or project is.  My dd's last project was a replica of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, my SO helped her with that and it was to scale.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM
I do it. We do it right after school and dh gets home late. I'd prefer to do it anyway.
withsecond
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:05 AM
I do because I'm a sahm and have more time to help with it.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Mine does her homework right after school at the kitchen table - but I really don't help much. Truthfully I don't even check over things to make sure they are doing it right. I just don't care and I think homework is silly in 1st grade. (I was a high school teacher for many years. I really need my kids not to hate school at an early age, so I try to be very chill about the whole thing.)

She probably only has a big "project" once every 6 or 8 weeks, and seriously, my husband almost always ends up being the big helper and I like it better that way. Both of us refuse to be the parents that do much - but he's good about really helping without doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN