Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

For all of you who have had to deal with all the snow this winter.......

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM
  • 17 Replies

Once winter is officially over and the snow has gone away, what is the very first thing you're going to do to celebrate? :)

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fuzz0123
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:45 PM

walk around in a itty bitty teeny weeny polka dot bikini!!! no seriously though.. ANYTHING..Get my LO in the jogger and go for a long long longggg run outdoors! I hate being stuck at home in the crappy weather! And to think it's March already! ugh

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd like to go for a walk outside.  

michelle623
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Plant flowers

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Start the  C25K program again! There's been way to much couch this winter, lol. I need to moving again :)

mopargurl
by Manna on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Stay outside until I'm sunburnt lol
JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:19 AM

For the sanity of all of us, Head to the PARK!! My poor kids need to release some energy. lol. They check everyday to see if the snow has melted yet. :)

SlightlyPerfect
When you just _have_ to laugh.
Yesterday at 2:06 PM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:21 AM
Travel.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Take the dogs down to the beach and let them play!!!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

akingsmom
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Go outside
fivekids2220
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I have been dreaming of summer - boating on the lake, bonfires, having the windows open, the color of the water, all of it.

But I have to say, it was 12 degrees yesterday.  All of the snow from the roof slid down (it's a metal roof), and landed in a 4 foot heap on the entry way sidewalk, making it impossible to get in the door without climbing up the snowbank, and then having to climb down to get in the door.  My husband isn't here, and the snow was so dense that it wasn't shovel-able with a regular snow shovel.  I got a pick axe, and a flat edged garden shovel and spent two hours making an 18 inch path from the door out.  I was covered in sweat and starving after that, so I ate, and then went out on the lake with my older son cross country skiing.  It was such a beautiful day, with the sun shining on us, that we actually wished we had left our coats at home.  After THAT, I took two of my boys to this awesome sledding hill (I wish I could insert a picture here, but picture the biggest, steepest sledding hill you can imagine) as the sun was about to go down.  The light that came through the trees was all pinkish-orange on the snow, and my older boy (he's 18, and home from college for the week), just stopped dead at the bottom of the hill to admire the view.  I had to call my husband on the way back to the house to tell him how grateful I was to be able to enjoy every season here this way.  Before the end of the weekend, we will do more cross country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowmobiling.  

I love summer, but right now I am just happy to be able to enjoy each season as it comes.  Winter can be harsh, but I actually will be sad to put away the skis and the snowmobiles.  The consolation for that, of course, is that we will soon after be pulling out the dock, the hoists, the boat, the sea-doos, the kayaks, the canoe, the raft, ........CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)