Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

When your kids were newborns

KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Yesterday at 8:59 PM
Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:42 PM
  • 53 Replies
Who did you turn to the most for advice? And did they help you keep your sanity? LOL :)
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:04 AM

My mom.

I was the first of my friends/co-workers/peers to have any kids and we didn't have family in town.

I called my mom.

She was better about giving me sanity than advice. Her thing was to just give me encouragement and tell me thigns were normal and I was doing a good job, and I think that helped more than anything.

Then I BECAME the person everyone called for advice (because I had all the kids...) I try to just remember to tell people, "You'll figure it out," and "It gets easier, I promise."

Newborns are weird. Not a lot of consistency from one to the next, you know. I really think it is all about figuring out what works for you and for them.

HazelBug
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I did my own research and discussed with my husband.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:27 AM

my Mother and yes she did and he turned to his Mother.

LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:31 AM

My Mom & yes she did

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 6:27 AM

There was nobody to turn to for advice with my oldest came home. She was adopted Internationally at 17 months old and it's very similar to having a newborn, but it's not...<---very hard to explain unless you've gone through this adjustment period with a toddler that has just started sitting on their own, just started walking, still bottle fed exclusively, can't talk, etc...does not understand English...

By the time our youngest came a long a year later, it was old hat for me even though I'd never had a newborn. Our issues were due to having a medically fragile infant and a toddler that was like an infant in many ways. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

No one really.  I just looked online for most of my questions.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM
My MIL. She helped some but she was going through some things at that time so she wasn't a whole lot of help. I got advice from trusted friends but mostly unjust did it on my own. I did a lot of walking and spending time outside. He enjoyed it so it helped.
Carolynishappy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:57 AM

My mom and both my parents helped me keep my sanity. :)

*^*Carolyn*^* 

Aslen
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM
No one. I followed my instincts
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
No one. I did my own research
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)