Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Dogs over babies?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

Why are people more courteous and respectful when it comes to petting a strange dog then they are when its your BABY they want to touch!!! I just hate it!!!!!

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toopicky429
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM
7 moms liked this
Your baby probably won't bite them.
Knightquester
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I treat both the same, both are a no-touch zone unless I have permission, and with babies/kids I couldn't imagine asking permission from a stranger to touch their kid, whereas a dog I could.

RascalPrincess
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Actualy the 20 month old will!!

And I wish I could put a shrit or bib or somthing on both of them that says "caution,I bite"!!!

Quoting toopicky429: Your baby probably won't bite them.

LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:00 PM
This

Quoting toopicky429: Your baby probably won't bite them.
LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Oh this to,whenever I see a cute doggy I'm always like may I pet your doggy but when I see a cute baby I just smile at the baby and say hello,it would be very awkward asking someone to touch there kid imo

Quoting Knightquester:

I treat both the same, both are a no-touch zone unless I have permission, and with babies/kids I couldn't imagine asking permission from a stranger to touch their kid, whereas a dog I could.

withsecond
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

lol, yea... that doesn't make much sense. 

I don't want some random person touching my child. I don't know where you or your hands have been. There are some nasty ass people in this world and I care not to have them touch my kids. lol. Or my dog actually. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Quoting withsecond:

I don't want some random person touching my child. I don't know where you or your hands have been. There are some nasty ass people in this world and I care not to have them touch my kids. lol. Or my dog actually. 

Same here.
Mishy2
by Michelle on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:51 PM

This too. So many people would randomly come up and touch my baby when they were small it drove me insane.

Quoting KylesMom409:
Quoting withsecond:

Same here.

srltb143
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I would never just go up and start touching a stranger's child......if it was my child I would be really freaked out

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 11, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Some people have no boundaries
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)