Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

7 year old ds swollen foot and pins and needles. UPDATE IN PINK

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son, Isiah is seven, he came home from school early with a migrene  type thing, just over an hour ago he complained he had really bad pins and needles, now my little guy is sobbing saying they won't go away and it is very swollen, he told me he hurt his foot in football today. Very worried, I might take him to the doctors in a minute but I just wondered if any of you/your kids had expeirienced a similar thing? :( 

I took him to the doctors, he had very badly bruised his nerves in his foot and has had to wear a bandage and crutches, some of  the symptoms are head-aches and fever... Poor buddy:( 

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
No my kids have not,but yes I would for sure take him into the DR,could be a sprain or a broken bone,hope he feels better
withsecond
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:33 PM

No, they've never gone through this. 

I wouldn't wait, I'd take him in. 

I hope he feels better quickly. 

natural_s
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Hope everything went well at the Dr. with your son. Hope it's nothing too serious.

He is in my prayers, update if your able.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Quoting natural_s:

Hope everything went well at the Dr. with your son. Hope it's nothing too serious.

He is in my prayers, update if your able.

Definitely! Hugs!
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Hope you were able to get him help and he is n the road to recovery!
TAG9lbs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:48 PM

U should have a few more questions ready before going to the doctors. How exactly did it happen did another child's head/hand make contact with your head? Did your head make contact with the ground? Did the football make contact with your head? Do you remember everything or do you just remember the ball making sontact and then waking up on the grounds? At any time today did you feel like throwing up or did you throw up?

If at any point he lost consciousness or felt like throwing up is a red flag. Make sure and get the details as best you can. Just don't get the little guy worried he might change his story so mommy isn't scared or upset anymore. I hope it all goes well and it is nothing serious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN