Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipe swap -- theme -- summer dishes

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
This week is summer themed dishes. Don't forget to leave a theme idea. Even if you for leave a recipe, leave a theme.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I will give you a pasta salad recipe that I love and some ingredients are interchangeable depending what you have in the fridge.  

• 2 peppers (1 red, 1 green )
  • 2 tomatoes 
  • l/4 lb bocconchini cheese 
  • 1/4 lb. dry salami
  • 1 small vidalia onion
  • 2 stalks celery
  • 1 x 6oz. can sliced black  olives
  • 1 x 5oz. jar green olives, sliced
  • 3/4 lb shell pasta, cooked and drained

All veggies, cheese and meats must be chopped into small pieces mix all above ingredients together and toss

• Dressing :
  • 2/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup. red wine vinegar (you can also cut some of the RedWine for Balsamic)
  • 1 tablespoon of dry oregano or 2 tablespoons of fresh
  • Fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp. ground black pepper
  • Shake vigorously until well mixed and pour over salad.
  • Chill salad overnight in the fridge, mix well before serving

For the dressing when I make this salad in the summer I play with the seasonings of the dressing, I love using fresh herbs.

This makes a pretty large batch of salad.  I love it because it's fresh, full of veggies and hearty enough to be eaten as a meal but versatile enough to be eaten as a side.

You can also switch the cheese for provolone or hard mozzarella, even shredded parmesan.  You can switch the red and green peppers to orange and yellow or cubanel peppers, Switch the salami to peperoni, or summer sausage ... have fun !

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Lets see, here s an easy one that can be done on a grill or a griddle, so they don't heat up the house.

Tortilla pizza

Flour tortillas
Spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
Cheese (shredded)
Pepperoni

On a Griddle or grill, heat one side of the gorilla, browning slightly. Flip, top with sauce, cheese and pepperoni and heat until cheese is melted and toppings are hot. Slice with a pizza cutter. Simple and everyone can top however they want.

Next week: breakfast foods
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)