Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

To tell or not to tell...

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM
  • 47 Replies
Do you let your kids know of any plans for the weekend or plans ahead of time??
My parents never told us and we weren't allowed to really ask, we just got in the car and went. It made for really great surprises and we never really were dissapointed about something we missed out on... Because we never knew we were even going! Lol!
So naturally, I do the same with my kids.
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toopicky429
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We do, unless it's something they are going to drive me crazy about every day until it happens, lol.

Quoting StarBarr: Do you let your kids know of any plans for the weekend or plans ahead of time??
My parents never told us and we weren't allowed to really ask, we just got in the car and went. It made for really great surprises and we never really were dissapointed about something we missed out on... Because we never knew we were even going! Lol!
So naturally, I do the same with my kids.
toopicky429
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM
I have no idea why my comment quoted you OP, lol.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I usually let her know in advance if we have something planned.  

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I always tell my dd, she's a planner, lol  She needs to know exactly what she is doing pretty much all of the time,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Carolynishappy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I don't tell DS. He will obsess about it. He asks a million questions and then starts to worrya bout other things. I keep it a surprise.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

Raindelay
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM
I usually don't tell DS too far ahead of time. He is still young and doesn't quite get the concept of when this weekend is. When I have tried to tell him before he just put his shoes on and wanted to leave right then!
wennyvw
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM

IF I don't tell my DS's what we're doing, they get in the car and complain the whole time.  It could be something awesome and they'll still moan and groan about it.  We have a calendar in our house, and I put EVERYTHING on there to make sure that everyone takes the appropriate time's and days off for things, otherwise it turns into a major cluster for the whole family!

Mishy2
by Michelle on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We usually will tell them our plans especially if we know the plans are definite.

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM

This.

But for outside things we will wait til the night before to tell the little ones, incase of bad weather.

Quoting Mishy2:

We usually will tell them our plans especially if we know the plans are definite.

heldcaptiveby2
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Yes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN