Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Our snake took a field trip...

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM
  • 20 Replies
I was sitting in the chair next to her tank and the cat was investigating next to the tank on the floor. He freaked out and jumped back and I started looking in the tank, only to see, she wasn't there! Looked on the floor and there she was. Hiding behind the entertainment center. After moving a bunch of stuff, we finally got her back in her home. I guess we will be using the locking mechanism from now on. She has never gotten the lid open before but there is a broken clip. So she must of pushed just enough to pop it open. There is a screw keeping it from sliding open now. She escaped once before when she was in a much smaller tank. She was only about the size of a pencil then. I think someone left that tank open and I was so upset that she was missing. Then I found her and she was fine. This time it was easy to find her. The cat found her for us. She is big enough now to give the cat a good scare but she will never be big enough to eat the cat. She can only eat nice but she sure can scare the cats. At least she is home and shouldn't escape again.
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:35 PM

yikes!

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:17 PM

LOL our snake did that too...He ended up in the cupboards under the tank stand! 

Glad you found her!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Yeah, when she was tiny she was under the fish stand. She is a good 3 feet long now and much thicker so easier to find. But I have to credit finding her with the cat flipping out. I don't think she but him but he sure acted like she did.

Quoting SuperPickle:

LOL our snake did that too...He ended up in the cupboards under the tank stand! 

Glad you found her!

ajrjj05
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Snakes are not pets!
mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM
They are to us. She can't ever hurt a family member. She can scare but can not do anything worse then a cat or dog. In fact a dog and cat can kill a person, she can not. She is harmless.

Quoting ajrjj05: Snakes are not pets!
ajrjj05
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:29 PM
No never, they can't wrap around ones neck.... snakes are not pets!! They are boring, gross things. Sorry I feel she is your baby though so I am glad you found her.

Quoting mjimaging: They are to us. She can't ever hurt a family member. She can scare but can not do anything worse then a cat or dog. In fact a dog and cat can kill a person, she can not. She is harmless.

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:42 PM

when i was little,we had a farm kitten she was playing with something at the end of the driveway she was eating a snake talefirst

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Glad the snake was found! Yikes!
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM
I am scared to death of snakes but my brothers have pet snakes. But I will never go to their houses.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:38 PM
It's a bit odd but I've even found people that don't like snakes want to check its out. Try mostly want to see we eat and I find that so odd. I never thought I'd like snakes but then I met the neighbors and it was so gentle and explorative. I knew I had to have one. My first one died last year and it was a sad day. But this girl is full grown now and if we decide to breed again, she should be a good candidate.

Quoting kyledavidsmom: I am scared to death of snakes but my brothers have pet snakes. But I will never go to their houses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN