Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Bored kids at an adult party…help!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:16 PM
  • 17 Replies

My 30th b-day is in 2 weeks and dh wants to throw me a party w/ our friends & their kids. My problem is we'll have roughly 6 kids ages 3-10 yrs coming and I have no idea what they're going to do to entertain themselves. We have a completely empty backyard, no slides, no jungle gyms, no toys, nada. The house will be full of adults & I don't want the kids upstairs in my dd's room bc nobody will be able to hear or see them. 

Any ideas to keep the kids busy? I'm hoping to keep them outside for most of the time, the weather here (Hawaii) has been fairly nice. TIA!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Bump
Smh77
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:21 PM
2 moms liked this
Hire a babysitter to supervise them all simultaneously.
mom2the.rescue
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:22 PM

hire a sitter.  get sidewalk chalk, balloons, bubbles, some movies, junk food.  done.

TheFairest
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Kids arrive have arts and crafts available, feed them and get a movie going in the family room. I agree with the comment above, hire a sitter.
Kaya529
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:24 PM
PINTEREST is your friend.

Set up some cool activities in the backyard to keep the kids entertained and you won't have to worry about them running amok in your home.
LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I may have some ideas

for the younger ones you can do

bubbles

chalk

slip n slide

set up a sprinkler if you have one

have some cheap outdoor toys set up

or you can set up kind of like a fun obsticle course/,have your own olympics,give away small prizes

How about an ice cream sundae bar or a create your own pizza stations

i was also going to say maybe set up a movie or make a puppet theatere and have the younger ones put on a puppet show

When it comes to older kids i am really not good with coming up with ideas i am sorry,i am much better with thinking of things younger kids like...

Also check out

https://www.pinterest.com/

At our family reunions we play a series of games like water baloon toss,egg on a spoon race,etc etc

phew hope i didn't overwhelm you

exhaustedmother
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:36 AM

I agree with the others when they say hire a sitter. That way you can enjoy your party and not have to worry about kids. The sitter should be able to come up with activities for all the kids to do. Get some cookies/cupcakes, punch for the kiddos, throw out some coloring books, crayons, maybe get a few balls for them to play with in the back yard with the sitter and you are all set. Happy Birthday!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Quoting TheFairest: Kids arrive have arts and crafts available, feed them and get a movie going in the family room. I agree with the comment above, hire a sitter.

Great ideas! :)
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 4:53 PM

is there not a company in Hawaii that rents out inflatable structures ? like a bouncy castle / bouncy house ?  That's usually a winning situation with kids of all ages.

_Meg_
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Board games! Sidewalk chalk, bubbles, jump ropes, hula hoops, glow stuff (if it's a nightime party). Movies are great too, would be awesome if you have (or could rent) a projector if you have a big enough wall outside. You could always hire a babysitter. I would be scouring pinterest for ideas, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN