Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you make breakfast for your children before school?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this

If so, what do you make? I can't fry bacon to save my life so that's out. I don't really like them eating cereal because they want the sugary stuff. I want them to have a good breakfast but I'm clueless. 

At the moment they eat breakfast at school because it's healthier than anything I can make at home. I'd like to change that. 

wedding countdown
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 5:57 PM

We homeschool, so we usually have waffles, pancakes, cereal, fruit, bacon, and eggs (not all together) as options.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM

My dd likes eggs, fruit, yogurt with granola, bagels, etc for breakfast.

LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:17 PM

On school day's all they have time for is a bowl of cereal,they often take a while to wake up and get ready for school especially my daughter,so by the time they are ready and have there lunches picked out they are running out of time,on the weekends if they wan't a hot breaakfast they are welcome to have one,i don't rudh meal times on saturday's/sunday's

_Meg_
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:48 PM

I do make breakfast here for my daughter before school. Eggs with bacon or sausage and fresh fruit, oatmeal with fresh fruit, pancakes or waffles (homemade, the ingredients I use are healthier than processed/boxed stuff) with peanut (or other nut) butter, fresh fruit (instead of syrups)...yogurt with fruit and granola...breakfast quesadillas (tortillas with eggs, bacon/sausage, cheese, veggies).

Sophie1106
by Paula on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:31 PM
I make eggs with toast, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit. I also make breakfast burritos and freeze them. Then I can just microwave them in the mornings. I make them with scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns and cheese.
RitaTequila531
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Yes, I need her full and focused for school.

My daughter loves cereal, eat whites with diced tomatoes and cheddar cheese, pancakes (blueberry esp) & oatmeal (apple flavored)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sister_Someone
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Nope.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:37 PM
My older son likes a bacon, egg and cheese on a toasted roll most mornings before school. Some days, I make him pancakes or eggo waffles when we're in a rush.
My youngest son likes a waffle, or a bowl of cereal, or jelly on 2 slices of toasted raisin bread.
LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM
My son eats either peanut butter on toast or a Nutri grain bar and a banana. I keep trying other options but he won't eat anything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_l
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM
We make breakfast every morning. Pancakes, oatmeal, pork roll (regional thing), cereal, bananas, apples, yogurt, sausage, bacon, english muffins are the options we normally have on hand. We have eggs too but DS won't eat them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN