Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Which dress for a summer wedding?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 92 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Our friends are getting married in July. Their wedding is semi formal and outdoors. The reception is in a renovated barn. It's actually kind of a fancy place despite being a barn. It's one of the more expensive places to get married around here. Which dress for a really pale, chubby hourglass lady? Lol
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RitaTequila531
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this
2, 3 or 6
I'd never wear anything with too much black in it to a wedding, ESP a Summer wedding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy-becca
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

The last one

sexy, classy and looks great!!!

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:06 PM

If it is semi formal non of these. You need to kick it up a notch or 2. If I really only had these choices I'd pick #3 as it is closes to what I think semi formal is.

Try something like this 

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/bright-over-here-dress

Quoting norahsmommy:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Our friends are getting married in July. Their wedding is semi formal and outdoors. The reception is in a renovated barn. It's actually kind of a fancy place despite being a barn. It's one of the more expensive places to get married around here. Which dress for a really pale, chubby hourglass lady? Lol

JacksMom1221
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:06 PM
3 or 5.
Saharra
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:09 PM
2, 5, or 6.
norahsmommy
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:11 PM
I really don't know how fancy this wedding is. The groom is dh's best friend and dh is the best man. They are wearing light tan suits with bluish green vests. It's not a tux. A friend of the family got ordained in order to marry them.

I do know that there is a cocktail hour before the ceremony.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

If it is semi formal non of these. You need to kick it up a notch or 2. If I really only had these choices I'd pick #3 as it is closes to what I think semi formal is.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

ajrjj05
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:12 PM
2nd one
Momof2Stepof3
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I added a pic to what I think semi formal is with link to where I shop for semi formal clothing I should say use to shop when we had money lol.

Quoting norahsmommy: I really don't know how fancy this wedding is. The groom is dh's best friend and dh is the best man. They are wearing light tan suits with bluish green vests. It's not a tux. A friend of the family got ordained in order to marry them. I do know that there is a cocktail hour before the ceremony.
Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Out of these I'd go with #3

July by me is very hot and humid, I'd go with something that has thin material and thinner straps.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

_Meg_
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I say the very last one, or the very first one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)