Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Mudderella

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

I was asked to join a team today to participate in the Mudderella event.  I'm seriously out of shape and noticed they have special workouts for you to try.  Anybody ever do this?  How hard is it?

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I've never heard of it, had to google it, lol. Looks like fun! Good luck :)

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I've never heard of it.  Bump!

lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm more of a Color run/ Zombie run kind of person.  Mud and I don't get along.  Start with 5 mins of walking, run until you can hear yourself breathing, then walk until you recover repeat for 20 mins, end with a 5 min cool down run This will allow your body to adapt to running more naturally then just trying to run from the first go.  Have fun!

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

If I were in shape it's something I would do. I'm going to start training for a 5K that I want to run next year. I am over 350 lbs, that's why I have to start now. It's the color vibe run that throws colored corn starch all over the runners. 

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Never heard of it.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:38 PM
The people enter seem to enjoy it
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Quoting countrymomma81:

If I were in shape it's something I would do. I'm going to start training for a 5K that I want to run next year. I am over 350 lbs, that's why I have to start now. It's the color vibe run that throws colored corn starch all over the runners. 

Gah, kill me now. I just signed up for a Color Run in May! What was I thinking? But tomorrow SIL and I are starting Couch 2 5K and we will start playing tennis. Hopefully this gets me ready. We formed a team and our name is Runbow Bright, haha!

wedding countdown
withsecond
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I've seen the ads for it but it's not something I'd join. It looks like fun but I'm not very physical. lol

LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I don't have a clue what that is

YNot4ever
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Never done mudderella, however have done warrior dash and a few smaller mud runs.  Typically, if you can not do an obstacle you can go around.  Typically they state if you skip an obstacle you can't win any prize for your time.  I would start walking/running frequently.  Every time I have completed one of these there are a wide range of people finishing.  The best approach get a group of girlfriends and run the whole thing together.  It is much more entertaining.  

If you have specific questions, feel free to shoot me a pm.  On average I do 5 or so a year.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN