Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

It's only been 2 weeks and I am already exhausted

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  • 15 Replies

It has only been two weeks since my son was born and I am already exhausted. I have a 5 year old and have done this before, but I forgot how hard it is. Please remind me that it does get easier. 

sad

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizfnf
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

It does get easier!  I hear when they are 18 there is a good chance they'll leave and you'll finally get some rest!  Hang in there and try to get your older one to help out!  

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Hugs mama it does get easier I promise. At one time I had a almost 4 year old and almost 3 year old and almost 1 year old and a preemie in the NICE. I was really tired and exhausted.
norahsmommy
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM
It gets easier!! My 5th is 9 weeks old now and it's getting a bit easier. By 6 months it will be better and by 2 years they practically aren't babies anymore. I always find it much much easier at that point.
SerenityBerry
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM
3 moms liked this

It does get easier. Remember all stages shall pass, some times quicker than you want them to! In the meantime take some advice from a Dory the Disney fish and Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...you're bound to hit land eventually!

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Hugs! It does get easier
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM

My youngest is about to be 7. I'm sure it does get easier, but she's kept us on our toes since birth, lol. She's a ball of energy, a diva, a whiner and a complainer. She drives us crazy but we love her. 

LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Ah I remember those days,I had a newborn and a 1 year old,there were days when I was extremely exhausted but I just pushed through,remember if You can to always take some time for yourself,nap when your baby naps if it's possible,I remember being told that,also if You need a break You can always ask for help,there was one day where I almost had lost it because I had fed my Daughter,burped her,changed her,etc and she was screaming bloody murder for over an hour,I could not figure out what to do,after a few minutes of being swaddled and put down for a nap she was OK.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:55 PM

It does :) 

I have a 5 month old, 3.5 yr old, turning 7 yr old and 10.5 yr old. You'll be fine :)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:23 AM

It will get easier, hang in there! ~hugs~

esox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:48 AM
I get so tired too. Especially when he has been crying and won't stop or at the end of a super long day and I just want my arms back!
So I lay him down in his bed and instantly feel sad and want to (but don't always) pick him back up because I know he won't be tiny forever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)