Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Felt unaccomplished, but...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

Yesterday it felt like nothing got done. I got up and watche frozen with the kids. It was a cute movie. DD went with her church group to clean yards. DS and I took off to do our activities. I decided since DH hadn't done anything about the break light in the truck that I'd take it for a free check up. Unfortunately they couldn't get to it for a long time. So my inlaws picked me up and I went shopping with them. I got grass seed for the yard. We have never had grass. It's been dirt and weeds since we moved in. I got the call on te truck, it unfortionatly needs close to $1000 worth of work. We are getting a second quote this week. I picked it up an went to the mall to see about a belly band since my pants are driving me nuts! They had no solution other then buying new pants. I have three weeks to go, I'm not buying new pants. Then I went to Verizon to look at phones. Well, to get upgraded it would cost about $300 but my monthly bill would go down about $30. With the truck needing repairs, I can't justify the phone. So then we went to the fish store. I found a snail in my tank and I have plants so I was going to get a clown loach to eat them. As she is gettin my fish she realizes the tank is vein treated and can't sell me any fish from the tank. So I didn't accomplish anything that I planned. DD got home and tilled half the yard. Watered the other half. I decide to make pumpkin bars. Those are done today. DD finished tilling the yard this morning before church. I put grass seed down on half the yard before running out of seed. DH picked up more seed this morning so I'll finish that and I'll actually feel like I got something done. Now I just hope the grass grows. The pic is the tilled yard. We took all the hay from over winter and the poo from the goats, spread it out and then tilled. So hopefully that will be good fertilizer. Then dry hay over the seed eventually. We rent so really we won't over due the yard but some grass would be nice.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for that grass to grow! :)
LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Quoting KylesMom409: Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for that grass to grow! :)
TAG9lbs
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Ever heard of Nomeods? Its some kind of worm that eats unwanted pest. I have little worms in my tomatoes leaves so I was hoping the NOmeods might eat them.
Thought you might know since I don't know what clown loach are that eat snails
mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Clown loaches are a fish. Sometimes when you buy plants they come with unwanted inhabitants. Which it appears happened this time. So snails in aquariums are bad when you have plants. They like to eat the plants. Clown loaches like to eat snails. So they work well for ridding the tank of unwanted inhabitants.

Not sure about gardening pests.

Quoting TAG9lbs: Ever heard of Nomeods? Its some kind of worm that eats unwanted pest. I have little worms in my tomatoes leaves so I was hoping the NOmeods might eat them.
Thought you might know since I don't know what clown loach are that eat snails
mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:29 PM
I hope it grows too. It's really windy this afternoon so I don't want to water. But maybe over the next week we can water if it doesn't rain and maybe it will start to grow. I figured, we have no idea when we are getting out of this place so I might as well try and get a yard.

Quoting KylesMom409: Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for that grass to grow! :)
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Quoting mjimaging: I hope it grows too. It's really windy this afternoon so I don't want to water. But maybe over the next week we can water if it doesn't rain and maybe it will start to grow. I figured, we have no idea when we are getting out of this place so I might as well try and get a yard.

Keep us posted! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)