Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cancelled my evening plans...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
DH came home from his fishing trip. I sent him camping and fishing expecting him to come back relaxed and less grumpy. He's been horribly grumpy lately and I was tired of it so I told him to go relax. Gave him $150 to go (which he spent all of!). I spent the weekend figuring out the truck (he has ignored the break light for weeks), getting the yard done (with the help of DD), making dessert for his family (dinner plans for tonight, I stayed home), checking in to numerous other things that have been ignored. He gets home, probably is in a good mood for maybe ten minutes and then he is grouchy again. Shaking his head when the kids argue (they are kids for gods sake!), mad that breakfast dishes aren't done. Since cooking breakfast, I finished the dessert for his family and planted/raked the whole back yard. I hadn't gotten to dishes. So now he's just as grumpy as before. It pisses me off. Did I mention I'm also 37 weeks pregnant. So I told him I wasn't going tonight to his parents house. Now he is back peddling trying to fix it but I don't care at this point. I don't like his uncle anyway and they were the reason we were going over there. So now, I am going to go and find a little jar for vanilla for a friend. We make our own vanilla and I was going to give a sample to her for lending us her tiller. I am going to try and find a new nob for the washer. It broke off yesterday. Eat leftovers and hope he brings back some dessert. It's still early. I could really get some stuff done I'm sure. He isn't a jerk often but today he was. He had the weekend off, kid free and comes back and has to be a grouch. Next time I'm taking the weekend off!
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:43 PM
I don't blame you for canceling! Look at all the work you did while you sent him on a trip to help his mood. And what do you get in return? Nothing! Men can be such jerks sometimes. Hugs and I think you should make plans for yourself too; you more than deserve it.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:37 PM
He's not normally like this but he has been in a bad mood lately. He knows he's in crunch time when it comes to finding a new job. His job sucks and he's been looking but can't seem to land anything. That's part of why he's grouchy but he needs to get over it.

I went to the mall, which was really hard. Walking sucked. Braxton hicks have really kicked in. I didn't accomplish anything by going except getting some ice cream and making myself miserable walking. But I tried. I did find te small container for some vanilla at bed bath and beyond. And now we have some very strange weather coming in. It looks like a storm but the air is brown like dust. It almost looks surreal.

Quoting KylesMom409: I don't blame you for canceling! Look at all the work you did while you sent him on a trip to help his mood. And what do you get in return? Nothing! Men can be such jerks sometimes. Hugs and I think you should make plans for yourself too; you more than deserve it.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Quoting mjimaging: He's not normally like this but he has been in a bad mood lately. He knows he's in crunch time when it comes to finding a new job. His job sucks and he's been looking but can't seem to land anything. That's part of why he's grouchy but he needs to get over it.

I went to the mall, which was really hard. Walking sucked. Braxton hicks have really kicked in. I didn't accomplish anything by going except getting some ice cream and making myself miserable walking. But I tried. I did find te small container for some vanilla at bed bath and beyond. And now we have some very strange weather coming in. It looks like a storm but the air is brown like dust. It almost looks surreal.

Quoting KylesMom409: I don't blame you for canceling! Look at all the work you did while you sent him on a trip to help his mood. And what do you get in return? Nothing! Men can be such jerks sometimes. Hugs and I think you should make plans for yourself too; you more than deserve it.

Stay safe and be careful in that weather!
mjimaging
by Melissa on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:50 PM
I'm at home so definitely not in the weather.

Quoting KylesMom409:
Quoting mjimaging: He's not normally like this but he has been in a bad mood lately. He knows he's in crunch time when it comes to finding a new job. His job sucks and he's been looking but can't seem to land anything. That's part of why he's grouchy but he needs to get over it.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quoting mjimaging: I'm at home so definitely not in the weather.

Quoting KylesMom409:

That's good. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)