Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tired of being fat

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:02 AM

I'm currently a Weight Watcher's member, and I love their program.  Not only do they teach you how to eat real food in the real world, I love the support I get.  I'm able to live my life, go out for dinner, have a cocktail or two have a great time while losing weight.  I'm currently down 25 lbs, I have more to lose, but I didn't put it on over night and it's not going to come off over night!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. 

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

tiredmom29
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:41 AM

First Good Luck u can do it. As u know its a struggle and it never ends. U did it before and can do it again. Ive never done that hgc but ive heard of it. I did the gym and ww and lost 60 but quit both and gained it all back. Now im starting over today going to the gym and maybe ww. If u wanna be weigh loss buddies just email me. I need to start drinkin the water again and getting more active

BeautifulMomof1
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this

I think that looking at it as a "diet" is the wrong mentality to have . . the only way to lose weight AND KEEP IT OFF is to make a lifestyle change . . you can still eat the things you like, but in moderation . . for example, if you like chocolate, instead of eating a whole candy bar, eat a mini or fun size candy bar . . or give yourself one cheat day out of the week to eat the things you like . . 

I say make small changes that you can commit to . . and instead of trying to change everything at once, make one small change at a time . . like stop drinking sodas for two weeks, then add no chips, or bread, or sweets, etc . . one step at at time so it doesn't seem so hard . .

Also, the key to losing excess body fat and increasing your metabolism is exercise, specifically cardio . . walking, dancing, Zumba - anything that increases your heart rate and causes you to sweat . . start where you are . . if you haven't been exercising at all, try 10 mins a day . . then work yourself up to 15, 20, 30 minutes a day . .

I hope this info has been helpful to you . . just remember to take one step at a time . . good luck on your weight loss journey . .

Mishy2
by Michelle on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:14 AM

What is the hcg diet? Never heard of it?

Raeann11
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:39 AM

The best way to lose weight is to starting watching what you eat. Writing down what you eat and changing habits (measuring things, cutting out to much sweets or whatever it be your down fall). Exercising, starting out with just walking 15-30 mins a day. Then as more walking or other things as you get use to working out more. Drinking more water.

You need a life style change and not a diet.

LuckymOmma_
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I do agree with this,I have been trying to loose weight since I gave birth to my second child almost eight years ago,diets never worked for me at all,I even tried weight watchers.I started out weighing 293 and now I weigh 254 it took a medical emergency and a big lifestyle change...before I could easily polish off 6 slices of pizza and more,now I can only eat one slice,to bad one of my medications causes me to gain weight,but I do try,if I'm feeling well I do take a thirty minute walk every day.

Quoting BeautifulMomof1:

I think that looking at it as a "diet" is the wrong mentality to have . . the only way to lose weight AND KEEP IT OFF is to make a lifestyle change . . you can still eat the things you like, but in moderation . . for example, if you like chocolate, instead of eating a whole candy bar, eat a mini or fun size candy bar . . or give yourself one cheat day out of the week to eat the things you like . . 

I say make small changes that you can commit to . . and instead of trying to change everything at once, make one small change at a time . . like stop drinking sodas for two weeks, then add no chips, or bread, or sweets, etc . . one step at at time so it doesn't seem so hard . .

Also, the key to losing excess body fat and increasing your metabolism is exercise, specifically cardio . . walking, dancing, Zumba - anything that increases your heart rate and causes you to sweat . . start where you are . . if you haven't been exercising at all, try 10 mins a day . . then work yourself up to 15, 20, 30 minutes a day . .

I hope this info has been helpful to you . . just remember to take one step at a time . . good luck on your weight loss journey . .

Sophie1106
by Paula on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I don't know what the hcg diet is. I've never tried any of those types of diets. I think the best way to lose weight and become healthy is to just watch what you eat. Eat healthy foods and stay away from processed foods as much as possible. And stay active. Go to the gym, work out at home, take walks, etc. Make healthy eating and excercise your life style and the weight will come off and stay off.

justahousewife
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM

You need to tweak your lifestyle so you're eating less crap, eating more good stuff and moving more. Without a lifestyle change I'm afraid a roller coaster of diets and disappointments is all there really is. First, focus on changing something in your day-to-day that encourages you to sit still and eat junk food. The best diet a person can adopt is that of a healthy and happy lifestyle. 

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:19 PM
I like your outlook on this :)

Quoting Briesmom38:

I'm currently a Weight Watcher's member, and I love their program.  Not only do they teach you how to eat real food in the real world, I love the support I get.  I'm able to live my life, go out for dinner, have a cocktail or two have a great time while losing weight.  I'm currently down 25 lbs, I have more to lose, but I didn't put it on over night and it's not going to come off over night!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. 

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:27 PM

don't know what the hcg diet is either.  Slow and easy is the way to go.  I've been to weight watchers in the past and it works.  I have some weight to lose as well.  "Diets" per say never work, or they do, temporarily and then you eat normal again and it all goes to hell.   Watch what you eat, don't snack after / in between meals, try to excercise 20 minutes a day - it will make a difference. Slowly but surely

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)