Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Thrift Stores and Consignment Shops - good or bad?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:32 PM
  • 16 Replies

What do you ladies think of thrift stores and consignment shops?  I admi t, I LOVE them.  I have found some amazing deals. 

Poshmark is one of my favorites. 

Which stores are your favorites and what great deals have you found?

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:33 PM
I love them! We have a lot of them where I live. My favorite one is done through a church. They have $2.00 baskets where u fill the basket for $2.00. I have found some great deals!
Mom2Boys9501
by Sharon on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:47 PM
I love them but the ones around me hardly ever seem to have anything anymore.
M0M0F3B0YS82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:46 PM

I LOVE them and wish we had some good ones around the only one we have is Goodwill and the last time I went in there they wanted $5 for a walmart brand shirt with a stain on it too, I heard they are over priced so never went back 

1CrazyCajun
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Good, but only if they are ran right. Must not sell junk, be clean and non-smelly.

I've walked into a few shops before and walked right back out when the musty, 'nasty-house' smell hit my nose. I only go to one place now in my area. The lady that owns it is awesome. Everything is super clean.

mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 5:21 PM

I love them

DeeAustin_30
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM

I think they are a good idea, in getting "new" items that a person may not have the money for brand new, and for downsizing items. There isn't a lot in my area. Mostly we just have Goodwill and The Salvation Army. The other thrift/consignment stores are hard to find because the owners tend to run them out of their houses and have small signs that you can't see unless you just about to pass it.

MinglingMom
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I love them but I can't take DD because she gets so restless and the one by us doesn't have a shopping. I typically leave her with DH or another family member.

CarrieGemenon19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I Love Savers!

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Good! I adore vintage items. I am totally obsessed with mid century modern design, so I look for originals. Also, I always buy a bunch of my son's summer clothes at the thrift store because he's going to be out in the dirt and yard destroying them. Don't want to pay much.
ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I love them. It's sort of a nostalgia thing with me. Takes me back to childhood, shopping with mom when we got along. I've found some pretty cool things. I like coffee mugs and knick knacks. Currently I'm checking every few days for a coffee table and some shelves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)