Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions needed--what is a fair price to ask for my wedding gown???

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

I got married in 1999.  My gown was priced at over $1000--I didn't pay that for it--I paid around $700 because another girl had ordered it and then changed her mind. It is white satin with extensive beadwork on the bodice and arms.  There is also extensive beadwork around the bottom of the skirt part and on the cathedral length train.  Also, my headpiece/veil will be included.  How much do you think I should ask for it???

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not good at this stuff but here's a bump.
natural_s
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not that good at that type of stuff either but I personally would not ask 700 for it. Maybe 300 is a good price to ask.

TAG9lbs
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it depends on the area your in cause in a major city like Miami or New York you could easily sell something with satin for $1000 as long as the white isn't too off. If ur going online why not sell for $1000 obo. I would go down to $500 if a girl gave a sob story and wanted it bad enough.
clairewait
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll be honest with you. 

When I find the right outlet (whether that is online or in a consignment store or whatever), I always have the best luck simply saying, "Make an offer."

Because when it comes to used stuff, the "value" truly lies in the eye of the buyer. I honestly usually get more than I think I would charge.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kyledavidsmom: I am not good at this stuff but here's a bump.

This
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)