Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Where do you usually have your kids' birthday parties?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:08 PM
  • 28 Replies
Or does the location change from year to year, depending? Do you let your kids choose where they want to have it or are they too young?
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckymOmma_
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I will just give this a bump since my Children don't have Parties

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:17 PM

We dont do parties. We have cake/presents and a favorite dinner at home and maybe a few friends for a sleepover but thats about it.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Mostly at home but sometimes other places. We did dd's at a gymnastics place one year. And we did ds's first 2 birthdays at a park.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:57 PM
It changes year to year. I let my boys choose. We have had birthday parties at the park, home, moon bounce place, roller skating rink, Chuck E Cheeses, gymnastics, and the bowling alley.

amzbrznjz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:23 PM

my DD age 14 has a friend sleepover out to dinner then somewhere like the movies or mall...DS1 ahe 10 just chose to have his bday at Epic air trampoline park...DS 5 had his party last year at Chucky cheese, I rather have parties away from home so I do not have to clean up the mess

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:46 AM
I used to have my older son's parties at home, then
at his daycare, and once at Chuck E Cheese. My youngest son I have them at his daycare/preschool and at home.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:44 AM
It varies on where we are in life. The best one was at a zoo. Since DH worked there, we got everyone in free. Has a picnic (I made all the food), then went to the giraffe barn and the kids got to go inside, feed the giraffes and touch them and they had a blast. It all only cost me the price of the food. Otherwise we do parks. I almost always make a nice meal for the attendees, weather it's grilled on the spot or last year I spent 18 hours smoking a pork butt. We try to keep the cost minimal and use what have available to us to make it special.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I've had a couple of my dd's parties out but mainly we do it at the house, it's usually a big bbq with lots of family and friends.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

bmw29
by Bobbie on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:56 AM
All of ds's parties have been in my in-laws back yard. They live 3 doors down and have a pool so there is never a question of where we will have them.
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Her First Birthday party was at a friends house ... all of the other's have been at the same park at the same tables

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)