Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Secret grown up time

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:06 PM
  • 34 Replies
Okay I so need advice. I am a sahm of two teenage girls. I've been married to their dad for 17 years. My problem is how do I maintain an active sexual relationship with my hubby with kids knowing knowing .I grew up in a sexless marriage long story but my folks did not have sex. My hubby has told me stories about how he used to hear his parents doing "it" when he was in hi teenage years. I soooo don't want my girls to hear a thing. We aren't exactly gentle lovers. We have considered the basement but it's still cold down there. How do y'all get freaky sneaky?
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM
We are quiet so I have no advice. Good luck.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:54 AM

My dd is a heavy sleeper,lol  So we usually wait until she's been in bed for about an hour.  We've also taken advantage of our back garage (it's not attached to the house).  

Good luck!

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Asilem
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm...the car in the garage? We also have a detached room and have gone out there. Since DH & I are self-employed, I'll surprise him with an "office meeting" and lock the doors.

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:01 AM

So remodel the basement for a family game room or something and do it while the kids are down there.

SlightlyPerfect
Merry Giftmas!
Yesterday at 11:08 AM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Oh, wow, this is a tough one.

DH and I have done nooners, but other than that, we only have a 5-year-old girl who is a heavy sleeper. I can't imagine what we'll be doing in 10 years.

If you figure it out, let me know.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

when DD is out of the house, when DD is asleep, when DD is busy watching a movie with the volume way high.  We've also gone in the basement.

jcmaidens
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Those are all good ideas but we don't have a garage...if we waited till dd's plural were asleep ur talking two am lol they r 17&13 . We've gone to the basement but boy I sure feel like the walk of shame comming back upstairs lol
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:51 PM

We turn up the TV and lock the bedroom door and go to town. We also do it in the shower. My kids are 8 and 11 I just try my best to be quiet if I can't I throw a pillow over my face LOL

Owner of Groups:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114224  May 2005 Kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/114223 September 2002 kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/116341 Once Upon A Time (TV Series)

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd suggest maybe trying to be a bit "quieter" and save the non-gentleness for a time they aren't home, lol.  Also, putting on a TV or music can help. 

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:53 PM

We've always been a quiet couple. And even if we weren't both of our kids could sleep through a tornado so there's no worry there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN