Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How upset/hurt would you be

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM
  • 17 Replies
if your friend of 17 years didn't invite you to their daughters recital but invited a teenager and their SO that they've known for 2 maybe 3 years?

My god-daughters recital was Saturday night, she was adorable!! I complimented the photos and what not, nothing. Find out tonight on who all attended. I'm feeling a bit more hurt than upset. My DF says that I'm just being over dramatic.
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I would be very hurt.
TableforSeven
by Judy on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, no - I would not be upset.  Most recitals I have been to have been painfully boring -- and I was only there because one of my own children was in it.  I wouldn't want to go to see anyone else's children's recitals -- if I wasn't asked to go, I wouldn't have to feel guilty when I said no.

TAG9lbs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Just mention you would love to see the next one and i'm sure there will be several more. Feel better.
KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:21 AM
I WOULDN'T ..JUST LET IT GO.
Monsita
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe hurt, but not too much to let that destroy our relationship!!!!
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Since you mentioned she's your goddaughter, yup I'd be a little upset, and if this person is truly your friend she'll understand when you mention it to her.

My bff is my dd's goddaughter (we've known each other since I was 19) and if I pulled something like that she'd have my a$$!  I always give her the choice on whether or not she'd like to attend something.  She's definitely a great friend and godmother, she sat thru an pretty bad play last year just to see the small part my dd had in it, :)

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I would just comment on the photo's and say "wish I could have been there to see it" or something along those lines. It sends a light message and maybe next time she will invite you. She may not have even thought that you would have wanted to go so I wouldn't get too upset, but make it clear that next time you'd like to go. If she doesn't invite you the next time, then I would be upset. Let this one go. Hope this helps!

SmallTown_Momma
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Well , my question is ..

How often do you go to those types of things of your god daughters?

Do you attend every one of her birthday parties? i guess what i am asking is ..are you a regular part of her life?

If the answer to that is yes , than yes i would be upset. However , my god mother never once attended anything i went too...actually, im not too sure why she was even made my god mother to begin with lol

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:56 AM
I don't think it would bother me. But I'm not a fan of that kind of stuff anyway.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM

well what kind of recital was it ?  Do you usually go to these types of event ?  I know that my BFF of 25 + years does not get invited to my DD's things.  She has a life of her own and I don't want to put her in a situation where she feels obligated or feels uncomfortable saying no.  She gets invited to DD's birthday every year and that's pretty much it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)