Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How upset/hurt would you be

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM
  • 17 Replies
if your friend of 17 years didn't invite you to their daughters recital but invited a teenager and their SO that they've known for 2 maybe 3 years?

My god-daughters recital was Saturday night, she was adorable!! I complimented the photos and what not, nothing. Find out tonight on who all attended. I'm feeling a bit more hurt than upset. My DF says that I'm just being over dramatic.
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I would be very hurt.
TableforSeven
by Judy on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, no - I would not be upset.  Most recitals I have been to have been painfully boring -- and I was only there because one of my own children was in it.  I wouldn't want to go to see anyone else's children's recitals -- if I wasn't asked to go, I wouldn't have to feel guilty when I said no.

TAG9lbs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Just mention you would love to see the next one and i'm sure there will be several more. Feel better.
KRIZZ25
not everyone's child should be treated special ..
Wednesday at 10:56 PM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:21 AM
I WOULDN'T ..JUST LET IT GO.
Monsita
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe hurt, but not too much to let that destroy our relationship!!!!
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Since you mentioned she's your goddaughter, yup I'd be a little upset, and if this person is truly your friend she'll understand when you mention it to her.

My bff is my dd's goddaughter (we've known each other since I was 19) and if I pulled something like that she'd have my a$$!  I always give her the choice on whether or not she'd like to attend something.  She's definitely a great friend and godmother, she sat thru an pretty bad play last year just to see the small part my dd had in it, :)

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

JennasMom2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I would just comment on the photo's and say "wish I could have been there to see it" or something along those lines. It sends a light message and maybe next time she will invite you. She may not have even thought that you would have wanted to go so I wouldn't get too upset, but make it clear that next time you'd like to go. If she doesn't invite you the next time, then I would be upset. Let this one go. Hope this helps!

SmallTown_Momma
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Well , my question is ..

How often do you go to those types of things of your god daughters?

Do you attend every one of her birthday parties? i guess what i am asking is ..are you a regular part of her life?

If the answer to that is yes , than yes i would be upset. However , my god mother never once attended anything i went too...actually, im not too sure why she was even made my god mother to begin with lol

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:56 AM
I don't think it would bother me. But I'm not a fan of that kind of stuff anyway.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM

well what kind of recital was it ?  Do you usually go to these types of event ?  I know that my BFF of 25 + years does not get invited to my DD's things.  She has a life of her own and I don't want to put her in a situation where she feels obligated or feels uncomfortable saying no.  She gets invited to DD's birthday every year and that's pretty much it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)