Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I don't know what I should do! :-/

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
Well, I have a lot going on in my head and I am hopeful I can get everything out and not forget anything. This is going to be long, so if possible, please help me out!

Okay, so I am a mom of 5 children. My oldest dd is 13. Followed by my almost 10 year old dd, my 6 year old dd, 2 yr old ds and 1 yr old ds. I have been with my husband since I was 15 years old. I am still in love with him 17 years later. And to be completely honest, we are happier than anyone I know. Lol

I am a sahm to our two youngest , the boys. I have to take my 3 girls to school 7:20 for my oldest and 8:30 two younger) and pick them up daily.(2:15 and 3:30) due to no bus running to my house.
My husband makes pretty good money and can pay all the bills and we both decided it's just best for us at the moment the I don't work. It would not work out. Now his work has slowed down and we are beginning to struggle a bit.
My grandmother passed away a little over a year ago and unexpecantly, my mother passed away 9 months ago. They were the two that raised me and now I pretty much have no one. I do have a dad and two little sisters and brother. But my brother is not close and my sisters are 13 and 19 and have their own things going on that I'm apparently not a part of.
My oldest is in the 7th grade. This year has been hell. She had a little "boyfriend" then they broke up. Then she had another in which she sent a boob pic to him and then they broke up and then he spread rumors and she ended up cutting on herself. I never in a million years thought my daughter would ever do anything remotely like that. I took her to therapy and after a few months they said she's great!
Then last week she sends another boob photo to another boy! I took her phone away and all that. I am just lost.
My almost 10 year old is trying to act older, like her sister. My 6 year old is lonely. I know she is! And I just want to get away! Far away! With my husband and children. But no smart phones, no middle school, not this same small town I have lived in my entire life.
My husband traveled a lot when he was younger and lived around the world. Inow he just wants to stay put. Idk what to do. What to feel. I know I've had a messed up year and a half. But I don't know what to do or say.
And to make things worse, I backed my brand spanking new 2014 Odyssey into a parked freaking car this morning. So now I am just so sad!
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Hwizim
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM
I cant give any advice but hugs to you.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Hugs
nurse1997
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Hi doll don't worry about the car that can be fixed !!!!! Your daughter needs u to be strict and keep her on track u would be surprised  how many teens are cutting now KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN THEY CUT WERE U CAN NOT SEE !!! Good luck 

TAG9lbs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:53 PM
You are a fool for considering moving is going to fix any of these problems. You need to look up "Justin Bieber cutting" it was a popularity thing across America. I think you need to get her more active in soccer, girl scouts, or church. Something to make her feel accomplished. Doing well at soccer or earning girl scout patches can be a nice ego boost.

I cut myself since I was 15 and even did it again at 28 after my ds was born. It is a stress reliever for me.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Hugs! Moving is not going to solve things
ardiaxe
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Take yourself and your whole family to therapy. You all need to sit down as a family and communicate. Make it a routine to sit down as a family and talk about your day. Let them express what is bothering them and encourage them to share their feelings.

Your daughter sending these pics just signifies her lack of understanding consequence. Let her know that you understand that she likes boys, and that she has a beautiful body, but that body is sacred and too important to share like that. That she needs to respect herself. It's obvious that she wants attention and needs it. Find time to spend with only her where you can both build a strong and trusting relationship. This is the time that she needs you.
Don't worry about the car, it can be fixed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)