Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Did you ever take painkillers?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM
  • 55 Replies

When did you take them and how long were you on them? 

I was in a car accident on Wednesday and hospital prescribed me some. It's only the third time I've been on them.

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friendlymom5
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:58 PM
I've been on oxycodone for about 6 years now. Ihave RA.
pixie-buttercup
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:13 PM

My doc gave me narcotic pain meds when I had kidney stones last year. I still have half the bottle left. I hate taking them. 

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM

After all 3 c sections I had vicodin, I used it less than a week, also after my wisdom teeth removal, I had also been in a car accident several days before the surgery and got whiplash so in total I was on that for about 2 weeks before I started chiropractic care and got off it.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:29 PM
I did after my c-sections.
I have arthritis I don't take pain killers I get a cortisone shot every year.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I've been prescribed a few times but didn't take them. I did have an anti-inflammatory when my knee acted up really bad but it didn't work. I mostly take over the counter stuff but I've cut back to almost none of that either.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Only after surgeries, when I had my gall bladder out. I took them for 2 days. When I have gum grafts done (2 so far, a few more to go) I take them for the first day, after the procedure. They usually make me sick so as soon as I don't need to take them any more I don't.

dommad2
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:37 PM
I've been on hydrocodone for a year for the same reason

Quoting friendlymom5: I've been on oxycodone for about 6 years now. Ihave RA.
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Yes, after I have had surgeries. I stayed on them while I was in the hospital but after I tried not to take them. 

mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I took one when I had my appendix out and got a rash from it, then when I had my tubal ligation I got back spasms and took one and again got a rash so needless to say I allergic to Vicodin. It was so miserable that I don't know if I will ever take one again.

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I have had them a few times. In my mid to late 20's I used them when I got really bad headaches/migraines, a couple years ago when I got some dental work done and last year when I had my c section.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN