Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Guns

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 48 Replies
4 moms liked this

I got my concealed weapon license about a month ago, my boyfriend surprised me with a beautiful 9mm pistol last night. I've shot guns before but never had my own, I'm excited and nervous as hell to go to shooting this weekend!! I want to really learn to handle it, do you guys like/have guns??

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I have my CCW too and i have a Rossi .357 mag that i carry.  Have fun with yours! 

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM
I don't have one but will be getting mine soon.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I love guns.  I am in the market for something I can conceal carry.  I will probably get a Glock 9mm 26.  It uses the same rounds as my husband's service weapon, which is 19 gen 4.

)0(
Sophie1106
by Paula on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:31 AM
We have one but I've only gone shooting with dh once.
nurse1997
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Have fun 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

No, we don't have any guns.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Hate guns and we don't have any.

Lisha77
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I just purchased the same gun a couple of weeks ago! Can't wait to get to the range!!!! How do you like it?

Quoting Stephd710:

I have my CCW too and i have a Rossi .357 mag that i carry.  Have fun with yours! 

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I LOVE it!!  It shoots smooth and doesnt kick near as hard as I thought it would.  I need to improve on long distance accuracy but then again....those guns arent really meant for long distance.  Get some cheap .38 special rounds to practice with.  They are cheaper than .357 and they fit in the gun the same.  It will save you money.  I have some Hornady Critical Defense rounds that i keep it loaded with but when im practicing, i use the cheapie 38's.  

Quoting Lisha77: I just purchased the same gun a couple of weeks ago! Can't wait to get to the range!!!! How do you like it?
Quoting Stephd710:

Lisha77
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Thanks for such a great review! I'm excited! I purchased the .38 Hornady for at home. My DH is getting me some cheapies for the range and I have 1 box of .357 just to see how it handles. He has a .40 caliber Ruger so I get to practice on that as well.

Quoting Stephd710:

I LOVE it!!  It shoots smooth and doesnt kick near as hard as I thought it would.  I need to improve on long distance accuracy but then again....those guns arent really meant for long distance.  Get some cheap .38 special rounds to practice with.  They are cheaper than .357 and they fit in the gun the same.  It will save you money.  I have some Hornady Critical Defense rounds that i keep it loaded with but when im practicing, i use the cheapie 38's.  

Quoting Lisha77: I just purchased the same gun a couple of weeks ago! Can't wait to get to the range!!!! How do you like it?

Quoting Stephd710:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN