Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I met someone last night

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

I met someone last night,my bio dad finally.He left after finding out my mom was pregnant with me.It took my mom and I 22 years to find him.The search began when I was 13 years old and it was hard for me through the years.I grew up with my stepdad whom is deceased,passed away from liver cancer 2 years ago.It was emotional after he came up and and opened the door.We were tearing up  and hugging a lot.Then my mom saw we needed our time together.I knew to stay calm and he saw I was hurt over the years.Then I asked him why he did this and was honest to me.Said he was young and dumb at the time being a coward.He felt bad about it over the years and it got to him wanting to make things right.He knows that he missed things in my life,growing up including birthdays,when I graduated from high school,when I got pregnant twice becoming a mother and I got married to my husband Davey in January.I understood and going to forgive him.He even said that he is not going to miss anything more in my life and one is my 36th birthday next year.Plus we are going to make up for lost time.He is married with two daughters.His two other daughters are 34 and 32 years old and has been married to his wife for 33 years.Said he wanted sons and learned he does not get what he wants in life.I have not met his two daughters and wife yet and will do this.

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natural_s
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Congratulations. Sounds like it was a great first meeting. Glad to hear that part of your life is coming together now and good for him to admit his part in night being there for you and hope you guys can move forward and make some memories together.

amomof2sons
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

He said the guilt was there when he left my mom for over the years.Felt bad about it too and said he shouldn't of done that.I slept well at night knowing he is in my life for good

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Quoting natural_s:

Congratulations. Sounds like it was a great first meeting. Glad to hear that part of your life is coming together now and good for him to admit his part in night being there for you and hope you guys can move forward and make some memories together.

Definitely! :) Thanks for sharing your happy news with us!
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:07 AM
First of all I just want to say Welcome to the group.

I am so glad the first meeting went well. I am glad that you both can look past the hurt, the regrets, and move on to forgiveness. It takes a big person to admit their faults. It looks like you are both moving in the right direction. Good luck on your father daughter journey.
christina122952
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Congrats I hope you get to met his family soon. What did he say to you?
amomof2sons
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Said Hello and I am sorry for what he did which I forgave him yesterday finally.I am going to meet his family hopefully this weekend.His wife has been a great encouragement for him and told him make things right.

amomof2sons
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I did get to meet his family yesterday,welcomed in right away.I met his wife first and is a very nice lady.It was then his 34 year old daughter Trisha,she was good to me right away.It was his youngest 32 year old daughter Terri 30 minutes later and she said I amazed her 11 year old son Andre.Her son saw my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee and he likes Jeeps.His daughters and I are going to get to know each other sometime too.Know that they have an older step sister now.His wife wants to get to know me too.It was at his house.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Thanks for the update and I'm glad it's going well. :)
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Congrats. Glad it's going well.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Glad it is going well!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)