Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Pelvic Pain After Delivery

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:48 AM
  • 7 Replies

I had my wonderful new baby boy on Monday. Overall, I feel great except a bit of pain in the right pubic region. It feels almost like a pulled muscle and it only bothers me when I'm standing or walking. It's not excrutiating, just very uncomfortable. Has anyone else experienced this? I plan to call the doctor by Wednesday if I'm still feeling the pain. I've been taking it easy, but I was just wondering if this is normal. I didn't experience this the first time.

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
vermontmoms
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Totally normal! I couldn't sit on any hard surface for months.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 27, 2014 at 1:56 PM
I had mine Sunday the 20th and I am sore at the lower abdomen. I'm sure it's things trying to return to normal but it's been hard getting around.
shalynoel
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Aww congrats! I've been told every pregnancy is different. My last one, I tore really bad and couldn't sit due to pain. This time, it's the lower abdomen/pelvis. Either way, we got a good reward out of it. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Quoting mjimaging: I had mine Sunday the 20th and I am sore at the lower abdomen. I'm sure it's things trying to return to normal but it's been hard getting around.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:07 PM

It's normal.  If it continues too long, follow up with Dr.  could be your pubic synthesis got out of alignment during birth.  Nothing that some rest and maybe physical therapy can't help!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM
It is a great reward. I didn't need stitches this time. I pushed it too much yesterday but I'm doing ok. I did a 5K walk for march of dimes but I'm feeling ok today. Pretty tired but still ok.

Quoting shalynoel:

Aww congrats! I've been told every pregnancy is different. My last one, I tore really bad and couldn't sit due to pain. This time, it's the lower abdomen/pelvis. Either way, we got a good reward out of it. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Quoting mjimaging: I had mine Sunday the 20th and I am sore at the lower abdomen. I'm sure it's things trying to return to normal but it's been hard getting around.

TAG9lbs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Check with your doctor. I found out 6 months after delivery that I pulled a muscle. Some physical therapy and the discomfort finally left.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Congrats on your baby boy!  I hope you're feeling better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN