Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Colonoscopy

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:35 PM
  • 21 Replies

This getting older crap is for the birds.

I am going for my 1st colonoscopy on Friday. I just started taking the meds tonight. I am not looking foward to this at all. 

Have any of you lovely ladies had one done? What should I expect these next two days? How did you feel AFTER you had the colonoscopy? Any advice? I am being put under. DH decided to be awake for his so he is honestly no help. I am so nervous. I have been having stomach issues since January. I've always had them since I can remember but they have gotten 100 times worse and I need to find out what my issue is. 

Any and all help would be awesome. Thanks Ladies. 

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Never had one so here is a bump p for you! Good luck!
dockyswifey
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM

bump

dockyswifey

b

dockyswifey

u

dockyswifey

m

dockyswifey

p

ambrossious2000
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Since mine was 5 years ago, I hear the poop juice is much better and a smaller amount. The worst part is the peeing out your butt part and the taste of the juice. The colonoscopy isn't that bad because you are a sleep and won't feel a thing even afterward your bum won't hurt or anything. The only thing I remember was being extra extra hungry and tired lol. Good luck I too was a young one to have one of these done I was 27 years old when I had mine done.

DessC
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I am in the same boat mine is May 12th so I will be watching this post for advice too! Good luck mama! They are doing a colonoscopy and biopsy of my intestines to look for signs of Celiacs. 

dockyswifey
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Hahahahahahaha I just told my bestfriend how I was dreading peeing out my butt! Lmao

Quoting ambrossious2000:

Since mine was 5 years ago, I hear the poop juice is much better and a smaller amount. The worst part is the peeing out your butt part and the taste of the juice. The colonoscopy isn't that bad because you are a sleep and won't feel a thing even afterward your bum won't hurt or anything. The only thing I remember was being extra extra hungry and tired lol. Good luck I too was a young one to have one of these done I was 27 years old when I had mine done.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I had my first (and only so far) colonoscopy almost 2 years ago. I too have stomach issues. I had an upper and lower GI done and was tested for celiac's disease, which I didn't have. I was diagnosed with IBS.

Different doctors do different preps for colonoscopies. That is really the worst part of the procedure. My prep included taking 2 laxitive tablets and an hour later drinking 64oz of Gatorade with Miralax mixed into it.  I was put under for my procedure and I didn't feel any part of the procedure, thankfully, and wasn't in any pain (except wanting to eat) when I came to. I was in the recovery area for almost an hour after the procedure the nurses checked stats and all of that and the doctor came in to talk to me about the procedure and that he felt all of my issues were IBS related. The nurses went over discharge info and diet info. for the IBS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN