Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are you done having children?

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 7:31 AM
  • 94 Replies

My husband and I are considering having a 4th and last child. If it were up to him we would be pregnant tomorrow, me I am on the fence. In one aspect I feel done in another I don't. For those that are done having kids how did you know that your family was complete?

by on May. 1, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shymomof4
by New Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:35 AM
I had all of my children really close together. I just knew when I was pregnant with number 4 that I would not be able to handle anymore after her. My husband would have preferred to have 5 or 6 more but I couldn't do it.
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 1, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Yes I am done having children. I have four boys, and I never wanted girls. If I remarry it will have to be with someone who accepts that I will not be having any more children.

MaineMammax2
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:54 AM
We have two and I am done. For us we want to be able to have one parent per child when they have activities on the same day/time but different places. We have also noticed they fight for our attention as it is. I am always saying just a minute while I help or do this with your sister then I can help you. For me personally I would be stretched thin. I also just know I don't ever want to be pregnant or breast feed or care for a newborn ever again.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I have one child and I knew I was done right after having her.  I just felt complete and I knew from that moment I didn't want any more children.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

mommie2madison
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:07 AM
I was on the fence to have #3, DH had really wanted another and convinced me. She is 5 weeks old now (oldest is 13, middle is 2), and I have to say while I love her infinitely I do contemplate the work/effort & question my drive to start over with another baby. I love my kids, love the attentiveness & bond that I get with a new baby, but I dont love the baby stage entirely. For this I know I am done with the baby-making stage of my life. DH would still love to have more - but realistically he knows we're done. Reality is that any more kids would change our way of life quite drastically, to a point neither of us want to take it to.
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:18 AM
90% sure about it
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on May. 1, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Not yet.

Michelle and eight kids
#9 coming this June. 

myloves7
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I got my tubes tied so I cant have anymore children. It was really a compromise between me and my husband. If it was really all up to me I would have more. We have 7 kids altogether.
DessC
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I would love another boy, we have a boy and 2 girls. But we almost have our youngest potty trained and I just ask myself do I really want to do all that again. I miss having a little little one but I don't miss the feedings diaper changes and all that, therefore I am on the fence. At times I feel our family is complete and at times I don't.

zadesmom1998
by Windy-Dawn on May. 1, 2014 at 8:48 AM
After 11 miscarriages and 2 healthy pregnancies my body said no more. I still ache for my other babies it's just not in the cards.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)