Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever...

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

Met your worst self in someone else? Have you ever heard what you don't like about someone  is usually something you dislike about yourself? It may not be true for everyone but with a some self analysis it may be true for some. Needless to say I met my worst self yesterday. In fact we went on a church trip to the zoo and I gave her a ride there. She is what I could be at her age 15yrs from now. Bitter, resentful, ungrateful sometimes and my marriage a hot mess. I don't see myself telling people such personal business as she did but it really shook my up. I can see MYSELF in her. And you know what? I will continue to keep working on all my mess now so that I will enjoy this life given to me. Do you ever see yourself good or bad in others'?

by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kwhitey
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes! I believe people that come into your life, whether you know them for a short time or a lifetime, are meant to touch your life in some way. Sounds like this person you met opened your eyes to the kind of person you don't want to be. Reflection can be powerful!
MixedCooke
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:33 AM
No but my husband kept saying his best friend was like me although we fight like cats and dogs most of the time.
cheerylrob2
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Too funny! Well I hope he liked/loved his bff:)

Quoting MixedCooke: No but my husband kept saying his best friend was like me although we fight like cats and dogs most of the time.

natural_s
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have had that feeling of oh no that could be me in 10 plus years. It's not a good feeling but can put a spark underneath us to try to make changes now in hopes that won't be us.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 5, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Quoting kwhitey: Yes! I believe people that come into your life, whether you know them for a short time or a lifetime, are meant to touch your life in some way. Sounds like this person you met opened your eyes to the kind of person you don't want to be. Reflection can be powerful!

Agreed!
christina122952
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I do and sometimes it can better you.
DessC
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Cannot say I have

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on May. 6, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kwhitey: Yes! I believe people that come into your life, whether you know them for a short time or a lifetime, are meant to touch your life in some way. Sounds like this person you met opened your eyes to the kind of person you don't want to be. Reflection can be powerful!

I completely agree with this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)