Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being over the top?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
So BM flew from Cali to Texas to pick up her oldest dd. They are driving back, but won't be back until around 3am tonight (or tomorrow morning I should say) Her younger 2 dd's 14 & 17 are my SDs and they really wanted to go to their moms today (45 min away from where we live) to clean and decorate welcoming home their big sister. They haven't seen her in 4 years.. And to be there to surprise the both of them. Problem is, they will be home alone until 3am.. I am so not comfortable leaving them there with no parent. DH thinks they're fine. They are really good girls. They have phones, and they know their neighbors pretty well.. Am I just being a nervous nelly, or should they be allowed to stay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 4, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
At those ages I would probably be ok ith it. But I can see your point as well.
countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they will be fine. 

jackiewal10
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

At their ages...yeah, I think you need to let go a little. Especially the 17 year old.  Who will be a legal adult and off to college in a year or less.  I'd let them go.

lonelymoon
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Yeah, they are there. I feel better to hear your replies mommas! I thought it was a fun thing for them to want to do. So I'm glad my dh and I agreed to it.
I'm keeping in touch with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wow2boyz
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Quoting countrymomma81:

I think they will be fine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)