Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What helps relieve a killer migraine

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM
  • 61 Replies

I get them a lot but last night and tonight are bad. I can't sleep or even see straight it hurts that bad.

by on May. 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 12:46 AM

I get those too sometimes....have heard drinking gatorade helps....Only thing that helps me is a cold wash cloth on my forehead...My doc told me too much caffeine, chocolate, and cheese can make your headaches worse...Dh use to laugh when I told him that....But seems every time I eat nachos I get a migraine lol....Now he reminds me what cheese does to my head lol

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 8, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Excedrine for migraines and ice pack at the base of the head.
ambergem
by on May. 8, 2014 at 12:55 AM
I must have prescription med. maxalt is my current. Dissolve on tongue kind is nice. Absorbes into the blood stream quicker.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on May. 8, 2014 at 1:41 AM
I take tension headache meds (Excedrin, for example), sometimes adding in ibuprofen later if that doesn't work. Will take Zomig (RX) for migraines as a last ditch effort. Maxalt sends me running to the bathroom until the med is out of my system.

I also drink caffeine and tons of water.

Daily I take a preventative med to keep them from occurring. Topamax.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 8, 2014 at 6:29 AM

I don't get migraines often but when I do nothing, medication wise, seems to work. I just go lie down in my dark bedroom and cover my eyes with a cold damp wash cloth. Sometimes they are so  bad I feel like I am going to throw up if I move.

LizS84
by New Member on May. 8, 2014 at 6:32 AM
I take a prescription med called Frova at the onset of a migraine.
mariesmama
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 7:56 AM

chocolate helps my husbands....

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I use Excedrin migraine and if it's during the day, I close the curtains and try to lay down for a while.

huskermom98
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I used to get migraines during PMS when I was on the pill--Excedrin Migraine was the only thing that helped...until I stopped taking the pill because then the migraines stopped too!

SuperPickle
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I have a friend who gets nasty ones and she swears by the method of putting an ice pack on the base of your skull while you soak your hands and feet in hot water with epsom salt... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN