Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DWTS Maksim Chmerkovsky

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:06 AM
  • 11 Replies

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubbleguppies
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Never really watched DWTS,...heard of it, but just happened that never had time.. found this video on youtube and was blown away. Man is just beautiful and dance is mesmerizing...Maryl Davis is an amazing dancer! wow! Did you know that he was in Ukranian version of Bachelor few years ago ,show was the biggest hit in Ukraine and he was not even dancing there..i am a fan now,, you rock

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM

He's a big part of why I watch DWTS =)

Zazayam
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

He's pretty much the only reason I watch it, lol.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

He's a big part of why I watch DWTS =)

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I don't watch it.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:37 PM
He's yummy
tiarasmom2011
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:57 AM

hot

Sparkler16
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I've met him and his brother Val before. This was before Val was on the show too. They own a studio in NJ and we were able to do a master class for our students ( I used to teach) there. It was to show our ballet students other forms of dance they could be interested in ( since very few can seriously go on in ballet). They were very nice. Another dancer From dwts Tony owns it as well they said but he was not there.
tossed
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Quoting Sparkler16: I've met him and his brother Val before. This was before Val was on the show too. They own a studio in NJ and we were able to do a master class for our students ( I used to teach) there. It was to show our ballet students other forms of dance they could be interested in ( since very few can seriously go on in ballet). They were very nice. Another dancer From dwts Tony owns it as well they said but he was not there.

They now own 4 studios. Tony joined as a partner. Corky, Mark Ballas' father is involved with a lot of the activities of the studio. Corky is an amazing dancer and actually helped train and raise Derek and Jullianne Hough. She lived with them for 5 years and Derek for longer. 

This is a really tight night group of pros. Tony went on to dance with Maks' former dance partner and won the world championship. 

tossed
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting bubbleguppies:

Never really watched DWTS,...heard of it, but just happened that never had time.. found this video on youtube and was blown away. Man is just beautiful and dance is mesmerizing...Maryl Davis is an amazing dancer! wow! Did you know that he was in Ukranian version of Bachelor few years ago ,show was the biggest hit in Ukraine and he was not even dancing there..i am a fan now,, you rock

He has said that being on the Bachelor Ukraine was a huge mistake and he did not know what he was thinking.

His family left Ukraine when he was 14 to come to the US for more opportunity for he and his brother. When he got here, he was beaten up and his roller blades stolen on his 2nd day. He worked in bars and nightclubs as a teen to help earn money. 

He really has a fascinating story. He has a HUGE love for the US and the fact that he could become a successful businessman here. He is very close to his family and there are multiple videos of he and his bother. There is one of a huge family gathering. I don't think you can fake the love they have for each other. They clearly worship their father and have a huge respect for their mother and grandmother. I find it refreshing that these 2 men who ooze sexuality openly say that they want to be married and have children. There was one show where Maks and the other guests were questioned about women and cheating and Maks made it really clear that he does not condone that and that he was raised with traditional values and can't wait to be married and "wear his wedding ring with pride." I can't imagine how secure a woman would have to be to be with him women all over the planet dreaming of him. Whew.

There is a great youtube video that is Meryl and Maks "The dances" which is just a video of ALL of their dances. I could watch it for hours.

bubbleguppies
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:00 AM

wow, interesting...Val is very handsome but Maks is just beautiful ...there are some videos of the bachelor on youtube. Both women were very attractive, the one who he chose looked like she belongs with him, i quess it did not work out....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)