Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Did you go to preschool as a kid?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:36 PM
  • 63 Replies

I never went to preschool as a kid but these days it seems like most kids do go to some kind of preschool. Did you go to preschool? How about your kids?

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carolynishappy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I did go to preschool. My DS went and when DD is at that age she will go too.

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to daycare until I started school, but I wouldn't call it preschool.

None of my kids went to preschool, we homeschool. 

ambergem
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I didn't and was still in gifted classes. Our kids won't. I do a mini one at home. Our daycare offered it, but I became a SAHM again right before it started when we moved.
1L2CMommy
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:55 PM

I did, but I only have 2 memories from it, and both are bad.  One little girl puked all over my brand new dress, and I screwed up the shopping thing at the holiday store they set up for us because I didn't ask the older kids that were assigned to help us, to help me.

My 4 year old has been in preschool since she was 2 1/2.  She's actually been in 3 different school's because of moves we've made for DH's job.  All three have been wonderful experiences.  She loves school.  The routine works very well for our family.  My 2 year old will go in November, 2 weeks before her third birthday (our state law).  She can't wait.

Zazayam
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:56 PM

I did, mainly because my mom needed a babysitter.

I have a very clear memory of the tooth fairy coming to visit us there one day. When she left we all watched out the window so we could see her fly away, but instead she got in her little red corvette and drove off. I thought she was a total badass, lol.

My boys went to pre-k because they were SO excited to start school and I thought it would help them get used to it. They loved it. I don't know if the girls will go or not.

j3st3r
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:56 PM

I did not, but my kids did/will.  

KelliansMom
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:57 PM
I went to day care that had a preschool curriculum. My siblings all went to an actual preschool. My son went to preschool and my youngest will go also when he gets old enough.
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Yes and my kids did as well. 

huskermom98
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I did...or at least tried...the year before kindergarten.  I only lasted about half of the year because I refused to get up and going in the morning so my Mom stopped trying at some point!  Both of my boys did 2 years of preschool starting at age 3 (2 mornings the first year and then 3 & 4 days the second year).  They went because I wanted them in a fun school environment and to be around other kids before they had to start kindergarten (I was not and am not a "playdate" kind of mom).  They loved it and so did I!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:41 PM

I didn't go to preschool. All 3 of my kids did but their preschool was within the day care center they attended.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)