Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you go to a Bridal Shower......

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM
  • 15 Replies
If you're not invited to the Wedding?

I got an invite to a Bridal Shower but know I wasn't invited to the Wedding. I don't have to go or send a gift, do I?

She's a nice friend but we don't hang out, she basically is a friend of the family and my kids bowling Coach.

I was thinking of having the league throw her a Bridal shower a few weeks after her shower that will be more from the kids she and her Fiancé Coach.
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:27 AM
I wouldn't feel obligated to go or send a gift if I wasn't invited to the wedding!
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM
This is what I was thinking. I just wonder if they went her FB list instead of her Wedding list

Quoting katiebug840204: I wouldn't feel obligated to go or send a gift if I wasn't invited to the wedding!
katiebug840204
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM
If you are on her Facebook then that very well could be the case. They just went down her Facebook and invited all the women?

Quoting LuvHugs429: This is what I was thinking. I just wonder if they went her FB list instead of her Wedding list

Quoting katiebug840204: I wouldn't feel obligated to go or send a gift if I wasn't invited to the wedding!
smorgan865
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:09 AM
If she's still a friend, I'd go with a smaller gift than I'd normally give a closer friend.

It's still nice to celebrate with people.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I don't think I would go or send a gift.  I like the idea of the kids throwing her a shower.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Quite possible that the wedding may be a small, intimate affair and the bridal shower is a way of including everyone else. Or maybe she's just after gifts, idk, lol. 

I think having the league throw her a shower is a better idea. I don't normally go to showers because in the past either we weren't in a position to be able to afford a gift or we were busy with the kids. 

bizkit_fanky
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Same

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I wouldn't go or send a gift.

ambergem
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I think it's a little bit gauche.  My SIL was mad that my other SIL was doing that.  It looks greedy when you invite for the gift giving party and not the ceremony.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:54 PM
No. I know they have lots of friends and family. I know they are having a big Wedding.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quite possible that the wedding may be a small, intimate affair and the bridal shower is a way of including everyone else. Or maybe she's just after gifts, idk, lol. 

I think having the league throw her a shower is a better idea. I don't normally go to showers because in the past either we weren't in a position to be able to afford a gift or we were busy with the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN